1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Halloween episode on DVD?

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by MelissaY1, Oct 5, 2006.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone here knew if the episode Halloween Bear from 1999 is available on DVD? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Unfortunately, it's only been released on VHS in SLP mode. I don't know why Disney can't get its act together and release this on DVD already. They finally released A Berry Bear Christmas on DVD in the UK, and I thought a region 1 release would be a no-brainer. It would probably help if someone at Disney was managing Bear and the Muppets. After a handful of DVD reissues and Breakfast with Bear, nothing has been done with the property since the purchase.

If you can find Halloween Bear on VHS, it's worth picking up. I'd recommend checking your local listings for the month of October, but I don't think Disney Channel is even airing it anymore. With Halloween coming up, there's a chance they'll air it as a special or something.
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response, Scott. I have a copy from the Disney Channel on tape that I recorded when they first aired it. I worked on some of the props for that episode back when I was an intern for Henson in 1999 particularly the treats they all get while trick or treating and the chocolate corn on the doors. So its a special episode to me. I agree, I'm surprised Disney hasn't done more to get more Bear out on DVD. Thanks though.

4. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I remember that episode, it was great!!!!