Hand puppet imatations

Pug Lover

Reaction score
My first time seeing Cookie Monster and Oscar The Grouch,was at a nursery school I was attending at the time.These were smaller imatation puppets of these two characters.My parents soon bought me my own copies of both the same puppets.As I regularly tuned into Sesame Street during my childhood days of the early to mid 1970s,I began to discover more Sesame Street character puppets being sold in toy stores.My parents gave me some more for Christmas one year.I had Ernie,Bert,Grover,The Count and a miniature Big Bird.Ernie,Bert and The Count were made of thick rubbery plastic,while Grover was still furrry,but with a nose made out of the same thick rubbery plastic.One I didn,t like about the puppets I had,was how they were never made the same way the ones on tv were made.But there was nothing I or my parents could do about that of course.You know how the copyright laws are.Incidentally,I also recall having a cartoon storybook titled'The Circle Book'.It involved Harry and Cookie Monster observing all kinds of cirlcles.Cookies,pies and other circular things which Cookie Monster would end up eating.The last page showed Cookie Monster beginning to eat the tires of the car he was riding in with Harry.With a yellow cartoon moon laughing in the sky.

jediX

Reaction score
I have some really nice Cookie and Bert puppets somewhere but I can't find them. :frown:

Pino

Reaction score
I have a 80´s kermit the frog and some pvc.. animal, gonzo in a purple suit and misspiggy in blue dress.
I also had a small Big bird.. but because I thought it wasn´t a muppet (only knew the blue Pino from Holland off course) I´ve painter his beak with nail pollish :frown: