Happy 38th Birthday Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
38 years ago today, Sesame Street premiered on television. Have any of you done anything to celebrate?

I celebrated by watching the first episode. That is a good way to celebrate. You could also celebrate by listening to Songs from the Street or reading Sesame Street Unpaved (assuming that you have ways to hear and read them).

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great ideas minor muppetz! I will have to do those things when I get home. Well, all but watch the first episode since I don't have the Old School DVDs yet (hoping for my birthday maybe).

Happy Birthday Sesame Street! Thanks for all you taught me!

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have the Old School set yet either. It's on my birthday/Christmas list. But I did watch a little bit of Elmo Saves Christmas last night, and I will definitely be listening to some Sesame tunes throughout the day. Not that it is different from any other day, but today it will be extra special. :wink: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SESAME STREET, and thank you to Joan Ganz Cooney and her team for creating the "Happiest Street in the World"!

travellingpat

Reaction score
CONGRATS!!! wow, I wonder did Jim or anyone involved think it would last this long...thank god it did!!!!

THANKS JOAN GANZ COONEY AND JIM HENSON!!!!!!!!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR
SESAME STREET!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

And many more...

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Hold a sec:

If Sesame Street premiered in 1969, that makes it 37 years old, not 38.

BEAR

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Hold a sec:

If Sesame Street premiered in 1969, that makes it 37 years old, not 38.

You would be right, Jeffkjoe. People often get confused by this. Sesame Street has only been around for 37 years, but is going into its 38th year/season.