1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Happy 55th Birthday, Steve Whitmire!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by JimAndFrank, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Yes, I do realise that I haven't mentioned Jim, but I think Steve deserves his own thread!

So a very Happy 55th Birthday to our Stevie and may he have many more to come! Only halfway until the next big milestone! To think he has been brilliantly entertaining us all since he was only 18 and I doubt he'd be wanting to retire any time soon! It's been an honour keeping up with his career and I intend on doing it for quite a while!

He's lookin' pretty darn good for a man in his mid-fifties, don't cha think?

[​IMG]

2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Steve Whitmire is awesome!! Happy 55th birthday, Steve Whitmire!

JimAndFrank likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Steve Whitmire!!!:):coy::shifty:
    [​IMG]

WalterLinz and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Member

Happy Birthday Steve! May you have a wonderful day and be around so many of the people you love!

theSHE124 likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

There is no coincidence that him and Jim share the same birthday it was fate. :)

WalterLinz and FletchySRF3088 like this.
  6. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Steve! Hope you have a great day!

theSHE124 likes this.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

HAPPY FROG DAY! :):):) Plus, Steve is awesome! And I should know: I took a puppeteering exercise with him some while back at CPA. Post your ribbits to support amphibian awareness!

8. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I actually realized his birthday was soon about a week ago... :p

Anyway, Happy birthday Steve! Steve has done an AMAZING job with the Muppets since his start at 18. He's performed (I hope that is the correct wording...) so many characters that we know and love over the years; in fact, there's probably too many to count! My favorite of his characters though, WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT is Wembley Fraggle... sorry Kermit.:coy: Kermit is a SUPER close second though. :) I hope to see many more years with Steve; and hopefully, more Wembley appearances. :p Either way, he's great with Kermit and everyone else he has performed, and honestly, I can consider him (and Dave Goelz, of course) to be the most popular (and oldest lol) Muppet performers. To be honest, my life goal is to meet Steve or Dave; probably never happing tho. Oh well. :(

MikaelaMuppet and theSHE124 like this.
  9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Steve is fantastic! I had the pleasure to meet him at the CPA in 2011 just months before the 2011 Muppet movie.

10. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

That must've been so fun. So lucky!!

11. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

Happy Birthday, Steve! I applaud you and Dave Goelz for continuing to perform and voice your Muppets ever since The Muppet Show during the late 1970s and early 1980s to our technology-driven future even when seniority begins to kick in around your age; and continuing to perform Jim's characters (Kermit, Ernie, Muppet Newsman) when no one else could after he died. This goes without mentioning that ten (or I should say eleven) years from now, you will have performed Kermit just as long as Jim Henson did. So, keep up the good work!

theSHE124 likes this.
  12. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Happy 55th Steve Whitmire, thanks for keeping Kermit alive, and thanks for performing with the muppets since the 3rd season of TMS. Oh, and thanks for bringing Rizzo and Lips to life, and to a lesser extent, one of the best one shot characters, Trevor the Gross, happy birthday Steve.

[​IMG]

LeahXZoot4Evur and theSHE124 like this.
  13. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Let us not forget that we are also celebrating Jeff Moss today.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was wonderful.

15. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I'm so proud of what you've accomplished in the Muppet world, Steve!:) I hope you continue to perform Kermit as long as I can remember!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    theSHE124 likes this.