Happy Birthday Jerry Nelson!

Convincing John

Reaction score
Happy Birthday

How could Jerry be celebrating today? I could just see it now at his party....

(Guests are celebrating and dancing to music at Jerry's place, which is festooned with balloons and streamers. There is a knock at the door).

Jerry: "Who is it?"

Guest: "It's...(whispers) "F..B"....you said I could come, remember?"

Jerry: "Oh, of course!" Jerry opens the door and a short man covered completely in an overcoat, fedora and sunglasses darts in. Jerry closes the door.

Guest: "Whew! I made it. Thanks for inviting me." The guest shrugs off his coat and puts his hat and sunglasses on a chair. They reveal Fat Blue.

Jerry: "Hey, glad you could make it!"

Fat Blue: "Me too. I wanted just once to go somewhere without being bothered by that waiter, Grover! I just want to enjoy some cake."

Jerry: "Well, you're just in time. The cake is being delivered here."

Fat Blue: "Oh, that's good."

Just then the doorbell rings.

Jerry: "Hey, the cake is here already!"

The guests crowd around and open the door to reveal a huge cake being pushed on a silver cart. Two furry, blue hands are pushing the cart.

Fat Blue: "Oh, no...no...no..."

To Fat Blue's rare luck, Herry is bringing in the cake!

Fat Blue: "Whew! I thought for a minute there..."

Herry: "That the cake wasn't comin'? Naw, the cake's here! In fact, we got TWO cakes. One to eat on the tray behind me," Herry shows the guests the second cake (which has a picture of Jerry on it made in frosting) "And then there's this cake, the SURPRISE cake!"

Jerry: "What's the surprise?"

Just then, the top of the cake (which has been covered in frosting) pops off and flips upside-down on Fat Blue's head.

Grover: "Happy Birthday, Jerrr-eeee!"

Guests: "Hooray!" "Yeah!" "Let's eat!"

Fat Blue (under globs of frosting and a fake cake top): "Of all the days I didn't go to Charlie's..."

Happy Birthday, Mr. Nelson!

Convincing John