Happy Birthday & Thank You Jim Henson

ploobis

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY & THANK YOU JIM HENSON!

Thank you so much for creating and giving us The Muppets!

Thank you for giving us TV shows Sam and Friends, Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, The Jim Henson Hour and The Storyteller.

Thank you for giving us movies like Time Piece, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.

Thank you for your Muppet characters Kermit The Frog, Rowlf The Dog, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Teeth, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, The Newsman, Jim Henson Muppet, Mahna Mahna, Zeke, Fred The Elf, Lothar, Hoggie Marsh, Ernie, Guy Smiley, Bip Bippadotta, Sinister Sam, Captain Vegetable, Thomas Twiddlebug, Harvey Monster, Leo, King Ploobis, Snake, Cantus The Minstrel, Convincing John, Bugsy Them, Sam, Yorick, Harry The Hipster, Professor Madcliffe, Omar, Wilkins & Wontkins, Scoop & Skip, The La Choy Dragon, The Southern Colonel, Mack, Mert, Nutty Bird, King Goshposh, Mean Floyd and many other great characters!

Thank you Jim for everything! :smile: :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yes, Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Steve...and Jim!

I suggest doing something fun today in their honor. Who's with me?

You know what I did?

I knew I'd be "swamped":smile: today at work, so I celebrated a little early. I decided to take the advice of a friend of mine. I went out by myself to a restaurant with a good book as a companion and ordered a very tasty supper.

I was indecisive as I read the menu (as I always am at restaurants). I had to smile, thinking of Wembley.

The waitress brought me my meal and left. A minute later, with one hand, I took off my hat. With the other, I lifted my drink slightly. I silently made a toast to Steve's health and to Jim's memory before taking a sip from my straw. I felt it appropriate to have a straw, since both Kermit and Ernie use them from anything from milk to grape juice to Sparkling Muscatel.

Rizzo once stated (in his waiter job) that he lived on tips. Really, it's not that much of a stretch in the real world. (I remember having jobs like that). Keeping Rizzo's advice in mind, I made sure to leave a good tip.

It was simple meal, but a very good one. Jim Henson once said "Simple is good." It was fun.

Oh...and the place I went to? Um, let's just say that when us Muppet fans hear the name, we might be reminded of a very (ahem) unique type of "service" with impossible to catch food. Fortunately, my experience was not the case.:big_grin:

Where I went to eat.

Here's to you both. Happy Birthday, Mr. Whitmire...and thank you, Mr. Henson.

Convincing John

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I plan to celebrate by wearing my Electric Mayhem t-shirt to school today and probably watching some Fraggle Rock when I get home.

Thank you to two of the most wonderful men who ever lived. To Jim for being... Jim Henson. And for Steve for being himself, while still keeping Jim's spirit alive inside a piece of green felt that brought us all here today. The bond of the frog is stronger than any other. Thank you guys. Keep on keepin' on.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I will celebrate by watching some more TMS Season 2 as I still haven't finished the whole box! I would be wearing my favorite Muppets shirt today if it weren't for the fact that I have to dress up for work. Boo.

Anyway, Happy day to Jim and Steve, both an inspiration to me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jim! Rest assured your work will continue to enthrall audiences for years to come. :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jim! The love, the laughter, the sweetness, and the fun that you've brought to so many people around the world will live on forever. Thank you for everything! :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Happy Birthday to Jim...
I wish you were here.

:smile:

All I can say is...
thank you.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jim.

I wish I'd had the chance to meet you. Thanks for the impact you left on my life.

-Peter

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Jim was such a serene fellow.
He certainly had a sort of professional poise.