Harsh Muppet Party Cruise Review in EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly)

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, "Ticklin' the Ivories" is pretty cool, but I just can't get the hang of it :sympathy:

jediX

Reaction score
It's sort of like bumper pool with unlimited balls. Sorta.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah, "Tickling the Ivories" is pretty hard. It's a neat idea, though. Just very hard.

Rowlf: "And now, a game that has little to do with its title: Tickling the Ivories!"

--Klonoa

Drtooth

Reaction score
AHHH you know these doltish video game magazine editors... the only games they like are either crappy Ledgend of Zelda ripoffs or the insane Grand theft Auto ripoffs which they video game industry has been pooping out since last year...

I've never played this, but even if it ISN'T fun to play, it's fun for the fact that the Muppets are in it!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Another mini-game I really like is the Swedish Chef's game where you either gotta throw tomatoes or dodge tomatoes on stage. It's a hoot!! :stick_out_tongue:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Mass Media has developed such games as Namco's "PAC-Man Mania" party game and I believe, "Metal Arms: Glitch In The System".

Klonoa

Reaction score
I don't know about Metal Arms (never played it), but you're right about the Pac-Man party game, Bean Bunny. It's actually named Pac-Man Fever, though.

Mass Media has done ports of PS2 games from Namco to other consoles, as well as developing the newer Namco Museum games for the new consoles and GBA. They also did Pac-Man Collection on GBA.

I also reviewed Shrek Super Party a while back. Mass Media is no stranger to the party board game genre, as they also did that game for TDK. Unfortunately, that game wasn't very good. Luckily, Muppet Party Cruise is much much much much much much much better.

I kind of feel that Mass Media's games they develop are hit or miss, but I can tell that they at least try as hard as they can.

--Klonoa
If anyone has any Pac-Man questions, ask me!

dmx10101

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I also reviewed Shrek Super Party a while back. Mass Media is no stranger to the party board game genre, as they also did that game for TDK. Unfortunately, that game wasn't very good. Luckily, Muppet Party Cruise is much much much much much much much better.

I kind of feel that Mass Media's games they develop are hit or miss, but I can tell that they at least try as hard as they can.
Try as hard as they can? A game with shrek in it's name is not trying. that game was poo.
Every game TDK published turns to crap, they have published some of the worst games ever. They don't have a single really good reviewed game. Disney- Don't ever let TDK publish any future Muppet games, cause they'll be crap.

Klonoa

Reaction score
With the Shrek game it seems like, "OK, Mass Media, we want you to make a Shrek game, but we're not giving you much of anything to go on. No voices, no special animations, it's all you, baby." At least with Muppet Party Cruise they had video clips and Muppet voices to back them up. It wasn't that bad.

--Klonoa
Watching my Gunbare Goemon DVDs...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
With the Shrek game it seems like, "OK, Mass Media, we want you to make a Shrek game, but we're not giving you much of anything to go on. No voices, no special animations, it's all you, baby." At least with Muppet Party Cruise they had video clips and Muppet voices to back them up. It wasn't that bad.

--Klonoa
Watching my Gunbare Goemon DVDs...
IMO, having those videos and the official Muppet voices (and a few other things :stick_out_tongue: ) were reason enough to spend the 20 bucks for it :smile: