Harvey Beaks: New Nick series

mr3urious

Reaction score
The "Steampunks" two-parter was clearly meant to be the season 2 premiere, as Michele is still an egg here. Don't know why Nick opted to air them out of order, but I hope C.H. Greenblatt are able to sort this out in future airings or releases.

Anyway, it was a fun episode showcasing Mothman's recurring loneliness and possessiveness of Irving, to the point where he blames Harvey for taking him away. The extended steampunk dream sequence also had some dark moments with the shanty town full of reject children, especially the song they sing when introducing themselves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some info about the original Bad Seeds pilot.

Consider this. Chris Parnell was originally cast as Irving Beaks. Had he been the father to Harvey Beaks, played by Max Charles, he'd've been cast as Max Charles's character's father twice considering the Netflix Peabody and Sherman cartoon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope it's true that it was his own decision to end the show, and not him trying to take the fall for Nick screwing yet another cartoon series because they can't find room on its schedule for anything that isn't a horrid live action series. Whoever's decision it is, it's very depressing news. I'd say HB was their strongest non-Mutant turtle related cartoon in some time, even considering I actually like Sanjay and Craig and find The Loud House exactly what their live action kidcoms should be like. I think I'm getting cartoon cancellation fatigue.

And like I always say, I wish that this could have at least generated merchandising. Even so much as a Happy meal or even Burger King's equivalent. Even a yogurt tie in. It's a shame that other than Spongebob and TMNT, there hasn't been any merch outside of comics in Nick Magazine which seems to also have stopped.

Now I'm completely worried about Pig Goat Banana Cricket.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really hope it's true that it was his own decision to end the show, and not him trying to take the fall for Nick screwing yet another cartoon series because they can't find room on its schedule for anything that isn't a horrid live action series.
Listening to interviews with him, that actually does sound like something he might do, taking the blame. But I think it was more of , Nick refusing to show the show, they probably would've stopped showing during it's third season anyway, so G.H. probably decided, "well, the network is trying to screw me anyways, so I might as well jump ship before they screw me any further and I don't get to end this the way I want while I still have an audience"

I think I'm getting cartoon cancellation fatigue.
Oh yeah, fer sure. Between Gravity Falls ending(although i'm glad it ended on a high note and on the creator's own terms), Wander Over Yander being cancelled for stupid reasons, Regular Show coming to a close and coming to the realization that Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Gumball probably only have no more than a couple years left. I'm pretty bummed out.
I know the latter three seem pretty silly for me to be sad about, but those shows are so important to Cartoon Network's history, it seems like they've always been there. It's just depressing to think about them ending.

Anyways, back to Nick, their treatment of cartoons still annoys me to no end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be fair, Adventure Time has been given 9 seasons and Regular Show has 8. While I'd rather not see them end, I can see why both are. Don't see why they're ending Gumball at season 6 considering the show, combined with TTG is most of the freaking line up. Heard rumblings about Steven Universe, and it would be a pretty stupid idea to bring it to a close so soon after it just started proving how popular it is (you try going out and looking for their Pop vinyls once they finally hit general retail, or worse, look for the Funko blind boxes). But if they get at least 1, maybe 2 seasons after the current one and the Crewniverse can give us a satisfying closure to the series I'm not too upset. If it trails off without warning, yeah...then they've lost their audiences forever. Though, the way they tend to air things, it'll probably be years before we see them all.

But the thing is, at least they got more than 2 seasons. And even then, at least Sanjay and Craig's 3rd season was shown all in the same year. Nick has a history of sitting on the rest of a cancelled show's episodes for years at a time. They just got around to showing the end of Kung Fu Panda 2 years after the episodes stopped being produced. They still have Penguins of Madagascar episodes they don't plan on airing any time soon. Hopefully when they stop production on Harvey Beaks, they'll just air the rest of the season.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Heard rumblings about Steven Universe, and it would be a pretty stupid idea to bring it to a close so soon after it just started proving how popular it is (you try going out and looking for their Pop vinyls once they finally hit general retail, or worse, look for the Funko blind boxes). But if they get at least 1, maybe 2 seasons after the current one and the Crewniverse can give us a satisfying closure to the series I'm not too upset. If it trails off without warning, yeah...then they've lost their audiences forever.
Well, given the story and how much more arc heavy SU is, I don't really see it lasting quite as long as Regular Show or AT. So yeah, I think season 6 would probably be the best time to end it.
But the thing is, at least they got more than 2 seasons. And even then, at least Sanjay and Craig's 3rd season was shown all in the same year. Nick has a history of sitting on the rest of a cancelled show's episodes for years at a time. They just got around to showing the end of Kung Fu Panda 2 years after the episodes stopped being produced. They still have Penguins of Madagascar episodes they don't plan on airing any time soon. Hopefully when they stop production on Harvey Beaks, they'll just air the rest of the season.
Oh yeah, they've been doing that at least since "Hey Arnold!", which finished production in 2001 but didn't finish airing until three years later.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So apparently, there were some new episodes at the end of last month and a new episode supposedly coming out today.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone catch the second Halloween special yet?

I've now seen them use A Christmas Carol as a Halloween story twice, the first being Rosanne. I liked the episode, but I really think they could have used the message of "enjoy being a kid as long as you can, cuz you're not going to be one forever" a little stronger. Love how Technobear was the only one that could get anyone to give them candy and make Trick or Treating fun.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone catch the second Halloween special yet?

I've now seen them use A Christmas Carol as a Halloween story twice, the first being Rosanne. I liked the episode, but I really think they could have used the message of "enjoy being a kid as long as you can, cuz you're not going to be one forever" a little stronger. Love how Technobear was the only one that could get anyone to give them candy and make Trick or Treating fun.
Also gotta give a mention to Claire's magical girl costume, which was very clearly a shout-out to Cardcaptor Sakura. :smile: