Has anybody seen my dog?

Pino

Reaction score
I have a question about the song "has anybody seen my dog"
In holland we learned that it was song by the dutch version off ernie and bert. But now I´ve heared it was originaly song by grover and marty?
Can anyone explain if this also was performed by ernie and bert?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but the original version featuring Grover and Marty was only recorded for the 1971 album "Sesame Street 2 Original Cast". I don't think this song was done on the show during this time. It might have been redone in the '80's or '90's for the show, but I have never seen it. A disco version with Grover and Marty was on the 1978 album "Sesame Street Fever". You can download this version at www.sesameseventies.com.

A

Agentflash

Well, for your information, the song "Has Anybody Seen My Dog?" was seen in a Shalom Sesame video "Kibbutz".

roadrat15

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
I could be wrong, but the original version featuring Grover and Marty was only recorded for the 1971 album "Sesame Street 2 Original Cast". I don't think this song was done on the show during this time. It might have been redone in the '80's or '90's for the show, but I have never seen it. A disco version with Grover and Marty was on the 1978 album "Sesame Street Fever". You can download this version at www.sesameseventies.com.
The clip for HAS ANY BODY SEEN MY DOG is an classic clip from around '71 with Marty and Grover.I remember Marty shakes grover violently near the end of the clip.:big_grin:

Thijs

Reaction score
This is an interesting question, Pino. If you listen to MC radio often, you will discover that there are more songs in the USA sung by Grover, in stead of Bert in The Netherlands. From the same record "Ik wist niet dat je kwaad werd" (I didn't know you was going to get angry") are two tracks in the same category.

Remember the song "Ik"? Sung by Bert? In USA, it's sung by Grover, "Me". And "Dieren raden": In the USA Grover is the one who makes all the bad guesses ("No Grover, not cows, we are pigs"), in Dutch is it Bert.

Pino

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
This is an interesting question, Pino. If you listen to MC radio often, you will discover that there are more songs in the USA sung by Grover, in stead of Bert in The Netherlands. From the same record "Ik wist niet dat je kwaad werd" (I didn't know you was going to get angry") are two tracks in the same category.

Remember the song "Ik"? Sung by Bert? In USA, it's sung by Grover, "Me". And "Dieren raden": In the USA Grover is the one who makes all the bad guesses ("No Grover, not cows, we are pigs"), in Dutch is it Bert.
This difference makes Bert in holland a whole different person then in usa... In holland he has Grovers personality!

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie

Just to make sure, these differences are in audio recordings, not video, correct?

Someone once posted a recording of Grover and one of the Dutch characters, I think it was a mouse, singing "Up and Down".

Thijs

Reaction score
Splurge: yes, could be, that problably was Ieniemienie the mouse. Of course we are talkin 'bout records.

Originally posted by Pino
This difference makes Bert in holland a whole different person then in usa... In holland he has Grovers personality!
I absolutely do not agree with you Pino. Bert has the same personality in the USA as in Holland. They just wanted to make a Bert and Ernie record, and needed some songs, so they used those songs.