Has anyone actually ever seen 'A Special Sesame Street Christmas'?

Narpin

Reaction score
I've never seen it. I hear it wasn't that good, but I'd still love to see it.

I wish they had released it as an extra on the DVD of 'Christmas Eve on Sesame Street'.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A Special Sesame Street Christmas? I don't believe I ever even HEARD of it, what is is supposed to be about?

Narpin

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
A Special Sesame Street Christmas? I don't believe I ever even HEARD of it, what is is supposed to be about?
It was a network TV special that aired on CBS the same year Christmas Eve on Sesame Street debuted. Where as Christmas Eve on Sesame Street became a classic and was played every year (for a while), A Special Sesame Street Christmas never aired again.

It's not supposed to be very good, but I still would love to see it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read that it was actually nominated for an emmy (and lost to Christmas Eve on Sesame Street). If it was worthy of an emmy nomination, then I don't see why it hasn't been rebroadcast (I wonder if a mostly uncut DVD release would be out of the question). I wonder if Sesame Workshop actually owns the rights to this special, or if another company does.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I've read that it was actually nominated for an emmy (and lost to Christmas Eve on Sesame Street). If it was worthy of an emmy nomination, then I don't see why it hasn't been rebroadcast (I wonder if a mostly uncut DVD release would be out of the question). I wonder if Sesame Workshop actually owns the rights to this special, or if another company does.
I think I read somewhere that SW doesn't own this, and that's why it has never been re-broadcast or released on home video or DVD. I think it might be owned by CBS.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. They say I haven't posted in several weeks, so I really should respond here.

Yeah. I'd like to see that too. Hopefully, it will be up on You Tube sometime if I can ever get the darn sound working on my computer.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Is there EVEN a copy available around here period? Because its a truely mysterious special...

Princeton

Reaction score
I just sent an e-mail to CBS regarding this. It's a long shot, but it can't hurt.