Has Anyone Heard of Philippe Gentry?

Dagger Claws

Reaction score
Hello all. Today in a puppetry class I'm taking at college, we watched part of an episode of the "Jim Henson World of Puppetry" series. The segment we watched had Jim talking with a French puppeteer named Philippe Gentry. His work looked amazing. Has anyone else heard of him and would have any information about him? Is he still performing in France?

Thank you all and take care,
Marc

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm aware of him (I first saw him on the special you mentioned in the 80s) but I don't know many specifics. Sorry!!

Sam Bald Eagle

Reaction score
Has any one ever heard of him........
He's only one of the greatest pupeteers and visual theatre artists of the moder era. His performances tour the world and sell out every time.

Sorry to sound preachy but I thought all puppeteers had heard of Philipppe Gentey

Dagger Claws

Reaction score
Do you know what he's been up to lately, Sam? Is he touring right now, and where?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Sam Bald Eagle said:
Has any one ever heard of him........
He's only one of the greatest pupeteers and visual theatre artists of the moder era. His performances tour the world and sell out every time.

Sorry to sound preachy but I thought all puppeteers had heard of Philipppe Gentey
I think Philippe is less known in North America than the rest of the world.

Sam Bald Eagle

Reaction score
Dagger Claws said:
Do you know what he's been up to lately, Sam? Is he touring right now, and where?
I dont think hes touring at the moment? the last show I saw was touring in 2000. But I Know he running A puppetry school in europe some were Ill find the details for you.