Has anyone heard of this?

Fiery Princess

Reaction score
No, I have never seen this particular book but for the price it's offered at it seems to me like a great buy. Anything about Henson is something worth reading!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
never seen it. but for 4.99....i might have to indulge!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hi Sammie,

I own this book, but have never taken the 5 minutes to read it. It's a children's biographical book about Jim Henson's upbringing and rise in show biz. I'd say it was probably written for a fifth or sixth grade audience. It has some interesting illustrations in it, all based on photographs we've seen elsewhere. One of the more interesting ones is a variation on the famous photo of Jim in silhouette holding up Bert... this is instead Bert holding up a puppet of Jim.

Like I said, I haven't taken the very short amount of time that it would take to read it yet (not sure why), but I have skimmed through it and it contains some key information that for the most part can be found elsewhere without the dramatic spin that the author provides here.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one specifically, but I have seen books of the ilk (biographies written about Jim on a 5th-6th grade reading level). I stopped keeping track of them really because all the information is basically the same.

-Matt

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I can say that I have actually read the book in question here.

Once upon a time, I worked at Zany Brainy (back when it was a cool store that had mostly children's books, and not a bunch of kiddie crap...). I often pulled "book department" duty, and it would get kinda boring back in the stacks (not too many people buy books for their kids which explains why they have since cut their book department by 2/3rds or more), so sometimes I would read.

I read that book one day. To my knowledge, nobody ever bought it.

The end.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
You know what drives me nuts? When books about Jim Henson have Muppet inaccuracies. There was one that was all like "Miss Piggy's hands are gloves" and I wanted to lay the smack down.

It is, however, hard to lay the smack down on a book...

Oh and laugh at me if you will...but in the younger pics...w/o beard...like in Jim Henson the Work, he was CUTE!

Stop laughing!