Has Tom Cruise gone mad?

Jinx

Reaction score
I rather enjoyed Craig Ferguson's take on the "Tom Phenom" on his Late Late Show. Essentially it boils down to this; whom are you going to consult for a medical condition, a doctor or an actor? Tom Cruise claiming to have "done the research" is in no way qualified to offer medical opinions for Brooke Shields or anyone else for that matter. I would say that he is only glancingly qualified to speak on acting!

I do wish that interviews with celelbrities would confine themselves to relevant topics. Plug the current movie and leave it at that, peppered perhaps with just a tiny bit of small talk.

I would no more ask a politician for acting advice than I would ask an actor about foreign policy. Any celebrity that uses their fame to stump for their "cause du jour" automatically demotes themselves in my estimation.

As to choosing between Tom and Jar-jar Binks....wow that's a tough one... It's rather like choosing between a red-hot poker in the eye or a swim through a pool of double-edged razor blades....

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah Jinx, I saw clips on Jon Stewart last night, saying he had researched drugs and that ritalin in a street drug, and there's no such thing as a chemical imbalance (not to mention the whole Brooke Shields thing), and psychology is just a pseudo-science. (at this point, Jon Stewart made his jokes by pointing out that, if anything is a pseudo-science, Scientology would be, cause it at least has the word science in it).

But seriously, what has he researched? Some obviously biased magazine? All what he said is completely unbelievable, and I've lost respect for the man. For up until this point, I didn't have much of an opinion on him, but I am throughly unimpressed and ticked off at his comments. :smirk:

About the aliens thing, JaniceferSure, my immediate thought after reading that article is that he's seen the movie "Contact" too much!
I mean, if you look at the size of the universe, we can't assume we'd be the only planet with life. Of course, life can mean plants, or even just bacteria, it doesn't have to mean intelligent life or aliens! But him saying this now about aliens is just making him looking like even more of a weirdo. :attitude: He'll scare off poor Katie Holmes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
About the aliens thing, JaniceferSure, my immediate thought after reading that article is that he's seen the movie "Contact" too much!
I mean, if you look at the size of the universe, we can't assume we'd be the only planet with life. Of course, life can mean plants, or even just bacteria, it doesn't have to mean intelligent life or aliens! But him saying this now about aliens is just making him looking like even more of a weirdo. :attitude: He'll scare off poor Katie Holmes.
Personally, I do believe there is life on other planets, but mainly because the universe is endless and keeps on expanding. And I also agree it could be bacteria or plants or something... but I doubt there are "Star wars" style space battles, or Morks from Orks. I feel we can't contact any life, because even the closest planets that have any form of intelligent life (since humans and animals are considered intellegent) are probably billions of light years off.

I believe there may be life on other planets, but not in UFO's or Sci-Fi stuff like that.

Of course... maybe Tom Cruise IS an alien....
:stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, and soon he'll be off to join Elvis on his home planet...

Oh yeah, I definately believe there could be life too. ^_^

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thought of this past thread because of reading this article just now about one poll voting Tom Cruise both the biggest movie star of all time and the most irritating!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh man; I love this thread! Cruise has officially made my "most annoying" list, but from that article, I absolutely don't believe this excerpt:

An Empire magazine poll of 10,000 movie fans named Cruise the biggest star, beating Robert De Niro and Marilyn Monroe among others.
Bigger than Bobby D., Harrison Ford and Marilyn Monroe? That's just wrong. :attitude:

MGov

Reaction score
Who saw the Scientology episode of "South Park"?