Hasbro and Sesame Street workshop joining forces ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, they'll get more product on shelves. The quality won't be the best, but the products will have mainstream industry standards. I'd expect a line of low-articulation action figures in the future. We'll never get the Palisades stuff, but we can still get something cool. I'd expect 100 different versions of Elmo, but also some Ernie and Bert too.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Cool! It'd be great to see some Sesame Street action figures going on! I think the Fun 4 All line looked pretty decent myself. Something along those lines would be good. Of course, it would've been awesome if Palisades had been able to keep going with their line of Muppets action figures and maybe expand to things like Fraggle Rock and somehow work out a deal for Sesame Street characters.:wisdom::smile::insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say is OUCH! For Mattel... I wonder how the deal between the two soured, considering things were starting to look up, if pricey. I LOVE the Collect-a-pal line... and now that I'm done with the Mr. Men figure line (I waited 20 years for toys of them!) I can start getting the rest of them.

I find Hasbro to be a better company than Mattel, anyway. I'd LOVE to see Sesame Street versions of the Galactic/action/toybox/Adventure Heroes down the line. But whatever's gonna happen, the only thing I can see id MOOOORE Elmo and Abby. I don't see an action figure line at all (unless they make it similar to the Spidey and his Friends line)... but I hope to see a LOT more PVC's with new sculpts.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
All I can say is OUCH! For Mattel... I wonder how the deal between the two soured, considering things were starting to look up, if pricey. I LOVE the Collect-a-pal line... and now that I'm done with the Mr. Men figure line (I waited 20 years for toys of them!) I can start getting the rest of them.
Well Fisher Price and it's parent company Mattel don't seem to be worrying too much over it. I actually find a news sagment on this story. According to that sagment, their Sesame Street line only made up 5% of it's total sales.

I'm guessing that we can expect some Sesame Street Mr. Potato Head toys out of this, like Disney, Spider-man, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Star Wars and even the 70s rock band Kiss got. I don't expect an action figure line either, after all if Mattell really wanted to and thought it would sell, we would of had Sesame Street action figures a long time ago (Palisades was of course, more of a collector's toy company than Mattell/Hasbro). Their going to treat it pretty much the same Mattell did as a "kids' line," not a "collector's line" (which of course Hasbro or Mattell isn't known too much for). New PVCs and hopefully some awesome plush toys would be nice enough though, I wouldn't be surpised if more Sesame Street board games hit the shevels too. But I'm willing to bet sooner or later we'll see some crossover between Mr. Potato Head and Sesame Street, it seems like a pretty good fit and I think I would buy them. I can just image something like Count Von Potato or Oscar the Potato.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well Fisher Price and it's parent company Mattel don't seem to be worrying too much over it. I actually find a news sagment on this story. According to that sagment, their Sesame Street line only made up 5% of it's total sales.
Hmmm... that's true. They had a nice relationship going while it lasted, though... you gotta admit that. I can only hope that Hasbro realizes there's more to SS than Elmo, as FP finally did about a couple years ago... I remember seeing a Big Bird and Snuffy singing plush set last year, and to me... that was progress.

I'd love to see a Mr. Potatohead Seasme Street mash up... But, all I can see is a Bert... maybe a Big Bird. Only because of the head shape.... Maybe a Mr. Potatohead with Anything Muppet style parts? But if we can get some GOOD PVC's out of this, I'd love to see that happen. SS has lacked PVC's for the longest time, and that was always my favorite part of all their merchandise. I hope we can take a cue from their Star Wars line and have a diverse, collectible cast. I mean, they have figures of characters who appeared for 5 seconds in the background of the extended cut of the special edition you can only see on the blu ray edition.... the least Hasbro can do for SS is make a Telly or a Murray.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hmmm... that's true. They had a nice relationship going while it lasted, though... you gotta admit that. I can only hope that Hasbro realizes there's more to SS than Elmo, as FP finally did about a couple years ago... I remember seeing a Big Bird and Snuffy singing plush set last year, and to me... that was progress.

I'd love to see a Mr. Potatohead Seasme Street mash up... But, all I can see is a Bert... maybe a Big Bird. Only because of the head shape.... Maybe a Mr. Potatohead with Anything Muppet style parts? But if we can get some GOOD PVC's out of this, I'd love to see that happen. SS has lacked PVC's for the longest time, and that was always my favorite part of all their merchandise. I hope we can take a cue from their Star Wars line and have a diverse, collectible cast. I mean, they have figures of characters who appeared for 5 seconds in the background of the extended cut of the special edition you can only see on the blu ray edition.... the least Hasbro can do for SS is make a Telly or a Murray.
I hope that too, good thinking if they treat Sesame Street PVC firgures like their Star Wars figures or even to some degree Marvel Legends, than that alone should put some smiles on us collectors' faces. PVC sets of those characters would be awesome, Telly should have more merchadise to him. Plus I would love to see PVCs of Sherlock Hemlock, Betty Lou (Yes I'm aware she's had at least one), Guy Smiley, the Yip Yip Martians and more.

Or perhaps what I would have to consider the biggest dream come true when it comes to future SS PVCs figures, Roosevelt Franklin,:excited:. I'm always hoping against hope that someday we'll have some toy in his likeness, besides one of those "little people."
Which is one of the many things that makes the whole deal with Palisades so heart breaking, :sympathy:. When they got the Sesame Street deal more "obscure" characters would of got the action figure treatment like Roosevelt or the Martians, look at the characters they did for the Muppet line, Clifford, Pops, Lips, those are characters, that if it wasn't for Palisades, collectors still wouldn't have anything in their likeness.

But I digress, I can see a lot of Mr. Potato Head Sesame Street toys. Everything from Bert's hair, Cookie Monster's eyes. Big Bird's Beak. They might have to change the skin tone to do Elmo and Super Grover, but I still think it could work. At the very least they could do what they did for Disney and just have a bunch of Sesame Street related Mr. Potato Head accessories, like an arm with Ernie's Rubber Duckie or Abby's Wind.

But it's also worth mentioning that this isn't the first time Hasbro worked with Sesame Street. Check this toys. I wonder if we'll get another Sesame Street Monopoly out of this? I would love to see Hasbro do Die Cast Cars like that again, as long as it's not all Elmo cars that is. I actually remember owning some of those as a youngster and having fun with them, I know I had at least "Oscar's Trash Delivery. They look pretty neat too looking back at them, I love Herry Monster's "Gym-Moblie" and Snuffy's Dingy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope that too, good thinking if they treat Sesame Street PVC firgures like their Star Wars figures or even to some degree Marvel Legends, than that alone should put some smiles on us collectors' faces. PVC sets of those characters would be awesome, Telly should have more merchadise to him. Plus I would love to see PVCs of Sherlock Hemlock, Betty Lou (Yes I'm aware she's had at least one), Guy Smiley, the Yip Yip Martians and more.

Or perhaps what I would have to consider the biggest dream come true when it comes to future SS PVCs figures, Roosevelt Franklin,. I'm always hoping against hope that someday we'll have some toy in his likeness, besides one of those "little people."
It would be great to see a large line of older characters paired with popular characters like Elmo and Big Bird (if they follow the 2-pack minifigure structure)... even if they didn't want to make Guy Smiley or Mumford, there is NO excuse for not making Telly or Murray... characters that appear on every or every other episode.