Have Fraggle Rock figures ever been made?

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Hi
have there ever been fraggle figures made .I only collect muppets
but it would like to add some fraggle figures the collection.
Thanks

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No, there haven't. Before Disney bought the Muppets, Palisades made a deal with The Jim Henson Company to release a Gobo Fraggle figure in one series of the Muppets action figure line, as a test to see if a Fraggle Rock line would sell, but then the Muppets were sold to Disney before it could be completed (and Hensons till owns Fraggle Rock). Before that, Palisades had contacted some retailers that carry Palisades products, and learned that very few retailers had much itnerest in selling Fraggle Rock figures (and The Jim Henson Company also wanted a high price for the license). On the thread in the Sesame Merchandise folder where somebody was interested in getting a license for Sesame Street figures, the user said that he'd pitched a Fraggle Rock line, which the company rejected for soem reason.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Didn't they produce figures for those construction worker-guys back in the eighties? I seem to remember seeing those as a kid. Obviously, they wouldn't be the same as the Palisades figures, but they would still be cool to have. . .of course, they may not exist. I may well have dreamed up the whole thing.