1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Have Fraggle Rock figures ever been made?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by DOGTOW, Aug 13, 2007.

1. DOGTOW

DOGTOW New Member

Hi
    have there ever been fraggle figures made .I only collect muppets
    but it would like to add some fraggle figures the collection.
    Thanks

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

No, there haven't. Before Disney bought the Muppets, Palisades made a deal with The Jim Henson Company to release a Gobo Fraggle figure in one series of the Muppets action figure line, as a test to see if a Fraggle Rock line would sell, but then the Muppets were sold to Disney before it could be completed (and Hensons till owns Fraggle Rock). Before that, Palisades had contacted some retailers that carry Palisades products, and learned that very few retailers had much itnerest in selling Fraggle Rock figures (and The Jim Henson Company also wanted a high price for the license). On the thread in the Sesame Merchandise folder where somebody was interested in getting a license for Sesame Street figures, the user said that he'd pitched a Fraggle Rock line, which the company rejected for soem reason.

3. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

Didn't they produce figures for those construction worker-guys back in the eighties? I seem to remember seeing those as a kid. Obviously, they wouldn't be the same as the Palisades figures, but they would still be cool to have. . .of course, they may not exist. I may well have dreamed up the whole thing.