1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Have the exclusives jumped the shark?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by CherryPizza, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

The order of the MEGA muppets were really just chance that they happened to coincide with the Playset figures. If we do a third, Chef will not be the third one we do...not with so many new sculpts under the belts since we first announced it.

I'd love a Tux Fozzie, and even though the bit occured while he was tux-less, I would do everything I could to have a Chuckie as an accessory.

2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I have a question that keeps getting passed up,but i understand that many questions are over looked and that you are busy ken, but were the tux bunsens glasses made of a softer plastic to prevent any breakage? it would be harder to get a tux bunsen figure the a reg bunsen, so i think many people might buy two of the sets.

i don't touch my figures that often, they are in a large glass case, and my bunsen is a figure that i never touch!

3. ResidentLilly

Sorry I missed the question.

They are going to be a softer material yes. And a new sculpt on the glasses...a bit more correct to the likeness.

4. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Ooo a Chuckie pack in would be great! Even though during the bit Fozzie was naked ( :eek: ) People could simply give Chuckie to reg Fozzie since most people probably stole reg Fozzie's mic and gave it to the band :D

5. Zack the Dog

Thank you ken!!!!! i have asked the question about three time all together, inculding the action figure board, i probaly might have asked right before your wedding so i'm sure there wasn't time.

It"s okay about missing the question, i'm very happy about the answer!!!

6. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

Ken,
    You and I have talked about the tuxes many times, so you know my feelings on them. But since they are gonna continue, would it be possible to knock out the ones that "belong" in tuxes first? Such as Fozzie, Scooter, Sam, and the band. Doing Statler and Waldorf (which I agree wouldn't be very different) or the Chef, would seem like such a waste, when everyone seems to be asking for the more traditional guys. Even Gonzo in a black tux, would be an easy, and (in my opinion) a welcomed variant.
    -Artie

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Why don't Bunsen and Beaker make as much sense in a tux as Scooter?

8. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

Because I seem to remember seeing Scooter in a tux on more than one occassion. While Bunsen and Beaker were only in them in the 30 year celebration. They're just to obscure IMHO.
    -Artie

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I can see that. I just think a Bunsen/Beaker tux 2 pack would be fun. It could have been a blown up Beaker and singed coat Bunsen. That would have been much less expensive to make, but the tuxes do look nice on them. I certainly wouldn't mind Tux Scooter, but there are variants of Fozzie, Scooter and a Tux Rowlf that will be out at the same time as Beaker/Bunsen. I look at it as a strategy decision.

Will you be getting the set or will you pass?

10. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

I'll get the set, but my fear is that this line is not going to last the years and years that everyone hopes. Therefore, there's a good chance that we'll be left with random variants, like the Bunsen and Beaker tuxes, to put with Kermit Tux, and there'll be no Fozzie, Sam, Scooter in sight. I like to have complete sets. So Kermit , hangin with Rowlf, Chef, Stat and Wal, and Bunsen and Beaker all in tuxes, is just not fun for me. Especially when there are such better variant possibilities for all of these characters that haven't been touched upon. Heck gimme a Bun and Beak 2-pack in the MTI or MCC outfits, before a tux.
    I'll put the standard disclaimer that I love all of Palisades stuff (as I do) but I definitely have preferences.
    -Artie

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oh, definitely would like those too. But the tuxes aren't really pushing other such things out. It's really just about timing and cost I think. Those costumes are choice and cost more, so they should be carded later in a retail environment. They really couldn't have come out with a Sam, Fozzie or Scooter Tux right now because there are multiple versionos of them on the shelves and Sam hasn't come out yet. But I agree that Bunsen and Beaker tuxes aren't my first choice. I just don't mind them.

12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think that, if it is a cost issue, an Experiment Gone Wrong two pack would have been a better exclusive. Maybe in a later series, like whenever Up and Down Head Beaker comes out, this kind of two pack could be the exclusive. All it would need is a repaint basically. And I do agree that if Palisades is going to continue the Tux line then they should make some more main stream Tux characters. I understand that Fozzie has a whole bunch of variants and Scooter has Supper Scooter and Gonzo will soon have 3, but I hope we will get Fozzie and Gonzo in a black tux eventually.

13. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

personally I'd prefer the tuxes to the MTI or MCC versions...I think there's something really cool about them and having them all match like that...I don't need every character in a tux, but the ones that I do get are cool...

14. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

The only thing I would have changed with the B/B tuxedo pack -
    I would have painted Beakers Socks the same way they are in the Lab playset. I think it wouldv'e suited the character better, IMHO

15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

So which Tux characters do you think should be made total?

Kermit (done)
    Rowlf (done)
    Bunsen (done)
    Beaker (done)
    Fozzie
    Gonzo
    Scooter
    Sam
    Animal
    Dr. Teeth
    (not sure about Janice, Floyd and Zoot)
    Pepe (maybe)

That's about all the ones I could see in tuxes. The others really aren't crucial

16. Zack the Dog

I think you could add a Rizzo in there, and you know Piggy has woren a tux before on the muppet show with a top hat.

I thinking going as far as lew zeland, the chef, sal, crazy harry, bean bunny ex...wouldn't really work well, if they did make some of these then personatly should be added like a fish bow tie for lew.

17. ResidentLilly

Quick note. Just because I said I would like to see Statler and Waldorf or the Chef in a tux does not make it so. That is me speaking as a fan-boy, not as a product manager. If more tuxedo versions were to be done, odds are it would not be those three anywhere NEAR the front of the line.

Gotta remember that I talk a lot about what I think would be cool just like you guys do but that doesn't make it any more or less likely to happen. I have to remain objective on this stuff as much as I can.

18. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

So does that mean it's foolish of me to keep hoping that a Cherry Pizza figure will be made one day?

19. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Ok, even though the fish tie was my idea to start with, I'm thinking that maybe a more appropropriate variation on the 'tuxedo' theme for Lew Zealand would be to give it a frilled collar, like the one that Lew wears on his regular costume.

Ken pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllease consider customising the tuxedos on whatever characters will be wearing them. It will take nothing away from the classiness of the tuxedos, and will add so much to the spirit of the figure.

Cherry "bring on the Wayne and Wanda in their outfits for the Grammys" Pizza

PSSSSSSSSSSST, Phillip, I wonder if you could help me solve a little mystery. I'm writing this message from one of the computers at my university (my main point of internet access), and this time it's working OK. However, usually when I try to access the forum form here, I get a message that says "Sorry, the administrator has banned your IP address". Since these are computers that everyone here can access, it's possible that somebody else has done something inappropriate on the board (somebody else being the keywords in that sentence), but I can't figure out why this happens. Would it be at all possible to find out why this occurs, or to remove the ban? I'm just confuzzled by it all

20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

CherryPizza,

I'll look into your situation. It could be caused be several different factors. We will try to fix it if at all possible.