Have you ever explained a character to someone?

starr

Reaction score
My bf and i were talking about SS the other day and I started talking about the opening scene and Barkley hiding behind the tree. He had no idea who Barkley was. !:eek: I explained it to him and he just looked at me like I was nuts.

Crazy31088

Reaction score
starr said:
My bf and i were talking about SS the other day and I started talking about the opening scene and Barkley hiding behind the tree. He had no idea who Barkley was. :eek: I explained it to him and he just looked at me like I was nuts.
I've had to explain many of the more obscure, wonderful characters to the unenlightened public several times. Most often, I have had to explain Placido Flamingo, Don Music, even Snuffy!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When our little blue, blonde mop-headed Lulu became the little purple monster with the Ella Fitzgerald hairdo, I had to explain to mother who Lulu was. Anyone know why her entire appearance changed?

teebs

Reaction score
I've had to explain some characters to my friend who didn't watch Sesame Street. I've tried to explain Forgetful Jones, Mumford, and Sherlock Hemlock to name a few. I've found that explaining a character, even one you know well, can be harder than you might think.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
yeh i gotta do that alot, but usually i just find pictures of muppets and show the people it. they usually dont recognize the characters. man it really tickles my funny bone how much people dont know Guy Smiley!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
You know,a few weeks ago,I was watching this pledge drive thing on PBS and this woman mentions Sesame Street.She says that her daughter likes Elmo but doesn't even know who Kermit the Frog is! :smirk:

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
well I'm pretty lucky because my BF Gina aka Rockstargirl is a muppet fan too so its easy to explain but when it come sto our other friends they just think the muppets are dare I say it stupid and I just get mad and say fine and leave ohw They get me so mad sometimes