Have you met a Muppet in person?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I was very young I went to a friend's party at a restaurant and Big Bird was there (or rather a person other than Carroll playing Big Bird, but he was really good!).

When he had to leave at the end he kept saying "See you on TV!", meaning he was trying to get us to say that to him. But us being little kids we just kept asking our parents, "Why did he say he was going to see us on TV?" LOL

And I didn't get to talk to him but I got to see Marty Robinson performing Telly for an audience. It was so weird seeing a genuine Muppet in person, he seemed so real, even with the puppeteer sitting right there!

Marky

Reaction score
I've performed Fozzie in front of a bunch o' Muppet bigwigs.

Oh, that audition had soooo much promise! They were gonna bring in 60 people, not 9 at first. I woulda been there. Then, chop chop chop.

WAAAAAAAH! :cry:

spcglider

Reaction score
I've never actually met a MUPPET, but have met several "muppeteers". The most notable being Jerry Juhl. But I did meet Jane N.H. at Puppetmania 2000 for a brief "hello". As well as meeting Vicki Eibner (Ojo) and Noel McNeal (Bear) from Bear In The Big Blue House at the Atlanta Center For Puppetry Arts' String Fling Festival.

That's my brush with stardom!

-G

Nyperold

Reaction score
Nope, I've never met a Muppet, but I have been within a foot of David Newell. (Wrong show, I know, but... it's loosely related.)

Marky

Reaction score
I've done some live stuff with the Under The Umbrella Tree cast and characters.