he Muppet Show and Bert

Censored

Reaction score
I've noticed that the couple of times Ernie and Bert were on the Muppet Show, Bert was usually the one to get center stage. In the Muppet Pilot, "Sex and Violence", Bert and Kermit were the only official Sesame Street muppets shown and "Ernie" is just a female version for a gag. Then on the Connie Stevens episode, Bert takes center stage in a song and dance act with the star, while Ernie took a backseat. Interesting.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I guess Bert felt "Hey, this is a big time television show and I don't wanna' come off lookin' like a nerd!" That or he figured maybe it was better to embarass himself on national television before Ernie had the chance.

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I think Bert is easier closer in personality with the Muppets from "The Muppet Show" than the muppets on "Sesame Street", of which Ernie can be easier closer on personality with. I think Bert also thinks that he needs to have his own spotlight, too, and probably thinks that back home on "Sesame Street" Ernie takes over the spotlight than Bert. It could be lots of things. Or, maybe Bert is tired of being the "odd couple" with Bert, and likes to hang out with other muppets say, Sam the Eagle, and likes for Ernie to hang out with muppets like him say, Lew Zealand.

Muppetmonster