Hello from a new Member - need to learn loads!!!

jadziamorgan

Reaction score
:frown: Hi everyone - I have just joined. I have a lot to learn about Sesame Street!!. I always thought I hated it compared to the Muppets but that was because I was ignorant until I had my own child. He is 11 now and I remember when we first watched it together when he was about 1 year old and was amazed. In my opnion it's about the best show to come out of the States (apart from Star Trek LOL). I have 4 children now and they have all been raised on SS but of course don't really know too much about anything earlier than 10 years ago. We are all gutted as we can't seem to find it on UK TV at the mo - apart from Elmos world which is on at some ungodly hour in the morning - what's the point. So we are collecting videos, tapes, clothes and toys to make up, I even have a copy of Sesame Street Unpaved book (I notice this is a term used for some early shows - what does it mean?? I thought it was the book title only). Been searching for some good websites - found the SS Encyclopedia and of course the SS workshop but want some real inside info - re pupeteers, song lyrics etc. Also if anyone knows why SS isn't on the Uk anymore or if it is and I have just been missing it for the past few years - hope to talk soon - thanx Liz

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Liz,

Hi !
Welcome to Muppet Central !

Im also in the UK and setting my Alarm clock for 6am Saturdays and Sundays to record Sesame Street on NickJr !

We are a full Season behind the US at the moment (Season 32, Episode 3904).

Its a big shame that they took Sesame Street off of Channel 4 at 12pm, It was such a great time slot and had been there for so many years !

There are some videos that came out a few years ago, You could probably find them in Video Stores or Rental Shops.

Sesame Street Unpaved is a book, And also what the ReRuns of early episodes are called.
They only air on Noggin in the US tho.

See ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well to be hexact, here's the breakdown.

Sesame Street Unpaved. The name of both the book and the shows.
What happened was that Nickelodeon and the makers of Sesame, CTW or the Children's Television Workshop as they were known back then, made a deal in the late 1990's to own half each of a brand new channel named Noggin. (Nowadays the makers of Sesame Street are known as Sesame Workshop.) Anyway, Noggin grabbed itself a handful of about 70 episodes of the classic Sesame Street from the first twenty years and collectively called the showing Sesame Street Unpaved. Then, a collective textbook spanning the first thirty years of the show was released with the same title.
The shows of Sesame episodes from Season 25 to 29 fall under the category of 1-2-3 Sesame Street aired at 3:30 PM EST and maybe at 5:00 AM EST on Noggin currently.
The episodes from Season 30 and onwards up to the present are aired under the same heading but at 9:30AM EST and 12:30 PM EST.

At the time, SSU airs at 4:00 AM EST only on Mondays but this might change soon.
Hope this helps.

jadziamorgan

Reaction score
Can we get more SS in the UK????

Hi again - thanks Warrick and The Count - it's starting to come together now! When are we going to get this Noggin channel in the UK, and isn't there anyway we can canvass Nick Jr to show SS daily again at a decent hour - like lunchtime!

By the way where did Elmo's World spring from - when I last saw SS it was just a segment in the show - has Elmo outshone everyone else and now he has his own show??!! I think he's cute but he's just part of the whole!

Bye for now Liz:halo:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah Elmo's World is the little red devils own show pretty much, Noggin won't ever likely be coming to the UK - most of the shows on that channel are already distributed by others over here i think. Hoobs gets an 11am C4 showing nowdays so there is something Henson on but i never liked Sesames 12pm slot much. You could probably canvas Nick Jnr to show it daily but if they're doing new episodes they probably don't want to use them all up quickly.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Welcome to our wonderful group!

Hope you like it here. :smile:

Millicent