Hello from an old friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lester

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you remember me, but I thought I'd come back and post since I haven't in a while. About two years, I think....p****.

I'll make this quick, so, I just have three things to say.

1. You guys, it's awesome to read messages from you. You crazy ********s have not changed a bit. And all you newbies, you rule. Which brings me to my next word of wisdom...

2. Kim (Skeeter Muppet), you need to lighten the eff up. Seriously, you treat the phrase "newbie" like a lot of people treat "*****r."

3. Phil, you suck. No offense. :big_grin: I won't repeat what's been said a thousand times on other postings here, and I also don't want to seem like an ******e...i don't need to do that now, just read my posts from 2 years ago. :big_grin: All right, that is all. Now, on to Tough Pigs, where the magic be at.

Luke

Reaction score
Welcome back Gabe !

I sure do remember you and i'm sure the rest of us 'oldies' will - lol. Well err ... not sure what to say - i guess that was short and to the point so what have you been upto all this time ?

grail

Reaction score
language, padre...

well, you started off strong, but killed it in the clutch. allow me to make a couple of points regarding your second two.

the newbie thing has been a very real problem. the whole board's elitist, and it has been for at least as long as i've been here, and i'm guessing much longer. the only way a new person CAN get some semblence of acceptance is to post as often as possible, and hope someone appreciates what they have to say. you freely admit that you havn't been around for a couple of years. don't come in and immediately start telling people how they should behave. that's just bad form.

secondly, i didn't know you on the old board...i wasn't there. but i have to admit, your re-introduction isn't impressing me. like someone said in another thread, "you don't come into a man's house just to insult him". coming in to tell Phil he "sucks", wether true or not, is inappropriate.

i don't care if you were there on day ONE of the delphi board, you are a newbie here. you havn't read everything, you don't know everything, and coming in and making blanket statements like you have just doesn't fly. i do look forward to what you may have to say. but not if you're just stopping by to start trouble.

and that's all i gots to say about that...

Joggy

Reaction score
Welcome back Gabey! We missed ya! Have a bleach nut!

Lester

Reaction score
Grail, I'd just like to start off by saying that your reply to me made me a completely better person. At first, I was a little angered...

the newbie thing has been a very real problem. the whole board's elitist, and it has been for at least as long as i've been here, and i'm guessing much longer. the only way a new person CAN get some semblence of acceptance is to post as often as possible, and hope someone appreciates what they have to say. you freely admit that you havn't been around for a couple of years. don't come in and immediately start telling people how they should behave. that's just bad form.
shut up shut up shut up you ******** tool shut up shut shut up

Then I got to thinking...."hey, you know, that guy's not half wrong. Maybe I should take heed to what he has to say. I mean, he is pretty good with words and all, and I'm a fan of all his past intellegent and thought-provoking posts."

secondly, i didn't know you on the old board...i wasn't there. but i have to admit, your re-introduction isn't impressing me. like someone said in another thread, "you don't come into a man's house just to insult him". coming in to tell Phil he "sucks", wether true or not, is inappropriate.
Never mind. GRAIL SUCKS.

But then I read on, and then it hit me....

i don't care if you were there on day ONE of the delphi board, you are a newbie here. you havn't read everything, you don't know everything, and coming in and making blanket statements like you have just doesn't fly. i do look forward to what you may have to say. but not if you're just stopping by to start trouble.
My god, you're right. I'm such a jerk. JERK JERK JERK JERK! I'M the one who sucks!!

Grail, I'd like to thank you. Not only did your post make me realize how insensitive I was in my post, but also how wrong I've been going about with life. I'm happy to say that I am now a Mormon and a strict vegan, and I've adopted 3 orphans from Romania. Oh, brb, Legomrato needs his diapee changed!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lester
My god, you're right. I'm such a jerk. JERK JERK JERK JERK! I'M the one who sucks!!
glad you could see it my way.

i can play the flame game too, but i'd really rather not. all i was trying to say is that i am sick and tired of coming in here and seeing someone else "stirring the pot". this forum has seen enough upheaval recently without that.

in retrospect, i think i may really have been a bit more harsh than i had originally intended to be, and for that i apologize. recent problems with this board have left a rather bad taste in my mouth, and i think maybe i pushed back a little harder than i should have. i still stand by the MEANING of what i was trying to say though. the board IS elitist, though it is starting to get better, and going to the trouble to tell people they suck, (especially as bad as i'm sure he's already feeling right now) is still bad form. you apparantly see it differently, and that's your right. but please, have a little consideration at least.

i wasn't kidding when i said that i look forward to what you have to say, i'm just getting tired of people thinking this is a good place to start a fight, and while trying to nip that in the bud, i seem to have inadvertantly set it off...again my apologies. but as a past member, i'm sure you share the same love of the Muppets that makes this place so special. and hopefully you understand why i feel so strongly to protect it.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lester
who said anything about flaming?
in a word, you...

the things you said in both of the previous posts were purposely inflammatory. they were MEANT to cause trouble, and you know it. when i called you on it in the first one, you tried to blast me in the second. when you did, i had cause to re-read what i had said, and realized that maybe i had come on a bit strong. seeing as this was not my intention, i tried to set things right. even though i still feel you were wrong initially. now i'm officially torqued off, bravo. hope that makes you happy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, thread closed.

Healthy debates are encouraged on Muppet Central, but personal attacks are not. I felt the need to close the thread and edit some words. We have received numerous complaints. Please move on to a more Muppet appropriate topic. Thank you.

MUPPET CENTRAL MODERATOR: JAMES V. CARROLL

Status
Not open for further replies.