hello to everyone, i return...etc. etc.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Hi. Geez, it's been a slight while since I've posted. I'm sure few of you remember me, but I've missed this place. Encourage me to start posting more often. Okay?

I guess, for anyone that *does* care, the only new stuff, Muppet wise, going on with me is my music. I play gig after gig here in the Orlando area and have become very well known for covers of Muppet/Sesame Street songs. It's great...people actually request them now. You don't know what it's like to get a big room full of people singing "The Word Is No" with you. It rules.

Anyway, that's all. Just a little hello.

-Chris

P.S.- I have a show tonight (Saturday) for anyone in the Central Florida vicinity, if you're bored. Good night!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Welcome back, Chris! :smile:

And I see you have one of my FAVORITE SS songs in your repertoire (from your site), "We All Sing With The Same Voice"!!! (though you have it listed differently, lol. :stick_out_tongue: )

So, like, what do you do? Sing? Sing and piano? Sing and some'in' else?

This is so cool, I wish I were in FL so I could see ya! :smile:

Well, that, and to go to WDW. :big_grin:

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Yeah, I list it as My Name Is You cause that title's cooler. I read that it's We All Sing With The Same Voice, but whatever, I suppose. A.K.A. and all that.

Yeah, I've played quite a few SS songs live and on record. I'll probably play Something's Missing (you all know what I'm talking about) tonight and maybe If I Were.

Sing, piano, guitar, etc.

Yeah, I'm going to EPCOT later in April to see Davy Jones perform. Sure, he's the least talented of all the Monkees...and he's my least favorite...but he's still a Monkee! That's good enough for me.

Actually, before I go to bed, funny story. I recorded My Name Is You to give to a friend on a demos disc, just for fun, and he thought that I had written it. He thought it was just brilliant and figured that I was singing from the perspective of God looking down on the world. It broke his heart to find out I didn't write it and it wasn't really intended that way. What a cool way to look at it, though.

:attitude: <---my favorite Muppet

Okay, good night.

-Chris

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by gymkatarules
Yeah, I list it as My Name Is You cause that title's cooler. I read that it's We All Sing With The Same Voice, but whatever, I suppose. A.K.A. and all that.
Lol, yeah, I saw it that way in the SS songbook, so just thought I'd give the official word---but I like your cool version, cause it's the last song of the chorus, and so memorable, and---yeah, you rock. :big_grin:

Actually, before I go to bed, funny story. I recorded My Name Is You to give to a friend on a demos disc, just for fun, and he thought that I had written it. He thought it was just brilliant and figured that I was singing from the perspective of God looking down on the world. It broke his heart to find out I didn't write it and it wasn't really intended that way. What a cool way to look at it, though.
LOL!! Awwww, your poor fwiend...pat 'im on the back fer me! :wink: That is a rully neat way to look at it...

Oh, and ":attitude:" is my 2nd favorite character from TMS!

Good taste, muh man!

:zany: