Help finding an episode – boy and bucket

chpoof

Reaction score
Help finding an episode – boy and bucket

When I was little, I remember seeing a Sesame Street skit that I used to love, and I’d really like to find it now. (Pleae bear with me as I describe it; I only have rather vague memories of it.)

This skit involved a group of kids, not muppets. I remember that the kids were outside on a journey of some sort. There was this one little boy (I recall that he was black) who was sort of the “klutz” of the group. He always lagged behind and always seemed to get into some sort of trouble, e.g., stepping in something he shouldn’t have, etc.

The only vivid memory I have is that at one point, this little boy is walking under something (maybe a ladder) where there’s a bucket of water. He runs into it or trips, says “Ouch!” and then the bucket of water falls down on top of his head. The rest of the kids then help him take the bucket off, and they move on.

I always liked this skit because the boy was sort of the clumsy, clueless type, and I felt like I could identify with him because he was somewhat of an outsider. But even despite his mess-ups, the other kids still embraced him.

Does anyone have any idea where this skit could be found? I don’t even have a clue as to which episode it was on. It must have been one of the early ones (late 60’s/early 70’s), as I recall being a very little boy myself at the time.

Thanks,
Mickey
e-mail: chpoof1@comcast.net

MuppetDude

Reaction score
This clip can be found on the very first show, where a group of kids play "follow the leader", and show over, through, and around. (With each lesson, the kid would keep getting it wrong.)

P.S.: Welcome to Muppet Central! :big_grin:

Have you introduced yourself yet? There's a thread somewhere around MC for that.

chpoof

Reaction score
Thank you so much, MuppetDude! :smile: I'll try to find that thread and introduce myself on it sometime soon.

So where can I find this episode? Is it available on video or on DVD somewhere? (I just read on the tvtome episode guide that aparently there was an edited version of this skit where the "through the pipe" and "over the sawhorses" scenes were removed. I wonder why that was? I'd prefer to see the skit in its entirety.)

MuppetDude

Reaction score
There was a show called "Sesame Street Unpaved" on Noggin that aired 67 episodes from the first 20 seasons. About five minutes were edited out of each show to make room for "ads" that reflected on the history of SS. Some street scenes have been removed or edited (usually for time purposes, but a few clips were re-made to be more politically correct). Unfortunately Noggin no longer airs these shows, but a number of us do have them. (I'm missing one.) A number of members here (myself included) also have the original full airing of Show #1 with nothing edited out.

chpoof

Reaction score
Very cool. I've only been here a short while, yet I've already learned a lot! :excited:

Is there a way I can get a copy of this episode? I would love to see it again after all these years. What do I need to do?