Help for tape traders

P

Philo and Gunge

Hey, guys! I know some of you people are very busy. So I have come up with this little idea, if I have anything you have and you are behind in a trade. I will trade the stuff that I have that you have and they will give me your stuff and we can do it in a later trade.

Does these sound okay for everyone?

dmx10101

Reaction score
I have no idea what your trying to say. oh yea, when can we complete our trade??

jediX

Reaction score
Even though I'm lost about what you are trying to say here, I might as well use this opportunity to announce that I won't be doing tape trades until the summer (or later) when school is over (or forever, if I get sick of trading again) -- this excludes any deals I have already promised (chellispal, boober_gorg). Well, that is unless I get an offer I can't refuse :wink: lol... anyway, I just don't have the time to do them right now, nor is there anything I'm dieing to get a copy of.

P

Philo and Gunge

Okay, let me try to explain this:

I know some of you are busy not to do trading (EX: jediX) my idea is for some other trades you have with peope, depending on stuff you have that I also have I will trade with that person, you can trade with them later. And we will trade.

P.S. JediX, will those deals you promised include mine?

jediX

Reaction score
I'm still lost with what you're trying to say.

We never made a deal, so I'm not sure why you think that we have one. The only person I can recall promising to do deals with are blueam (I think that's their sn, and this deal was set out last year) and chellispal (whose deal is also from last year).

ChellisPal

Reaction score
Philo & Gunge,

While I as well the others here, can fully appreciate your need to want to have as much Henson stuff as possible (like most of us here). I can see that the way you are going about trying for these shows is confusing, rude, and somewhat greedy. In the 5+ years I have come here, I have never seen anyone constantly go on and on about getting tapes, or sending countless emails to the potential traders, as I have seen from you.
I hope you don’t take this as a personal attack, but as a request from those of us who do trade¸ to be patient. It is my own experience that a couple of trades at a time works best because although we all love the Muppets to death, we do have other commitments outside of here.
I have done several trades with people here in the past and even though I’ve had to wait at times, I’ve found the people who do trade are some of the best an reliable we have here. To come here and try to offer solutions which suit you more than the group is kind of greedy and will turn off the people who will trade, and frankly getting old to look at in the boards.
I apologize to everyone else on the board if I come of harsh here, since I don’t post that often, but seeing the way that this person is constantly rambling on about the same thing is getting old, and I don’t want to see this have a negative effect on how we have done trades over the years, by upsetting those who take the time to copy tapes and such.
Philo, I even apologize to you because I don’t mean to single you out, I’m sure you could be a valueble trader here, just your methods on doing such need to change before you upset people. I hope in no way this changes the deal we have, but I just felt I need to speak out about this for the benfit of the MC community.
Again all I am sorry for this
Mike

dmx10101

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:

I know some of you are busy not to do trading (EX: jediX) my idea is for some other trades you have with peope, depending on stuff you have that I also have I will trade with that person, you can trade with them later. And we will trade.

I still don't get what your saying.

P.S. When can we complete our trade?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I think I can get what he is trying to say! He could be saying that if he doesnt have anything to trade to someone he could trade something he has to some other person that the person he wants to trade with is already trading with so it saves the person he wants to trade with time!

Its confusing but I think I know!

P

Philo and Gunge

ChellisPal said:
Philo & Gunge,

While I as well the others here, can fully appreciate your need to want to have as much Henson stuff as possible (like most of us here). I can see that the way you are going about trying for these shows is confusing, rude, and somewhat greedy. In the 5+ years I have come here, I have never seen anyone constantly go on and on about getting tapes, or sending countless emails to the potential traders, as I have seen from you.
I hope you don’t take this as a personal attack, but as a request from those of us who do trade¸ to be patient. It is my own experience that a couple of trades at a time works best because although we all love the Muppets to death, we do have other commitments outside of here.
I have done several trades with people here in the past and even though I’ve had to wait at times, I’ve found the people who do trade are some of the best an reliable we have here. To come here and try to offer solutions which suit you more than the group is kind of greedy and will turn off the people who will trade, and frankly getting old to look at in the boards.
I apologize to everyone else on the board if I come of harsh here, since I don’t post that often, but seeing the way that this person is constantly rambling on about the same thing is getting old, and I don’t want to see this have a negative effect on how we have done trades over the years, by upsetting those who take the time to copy tapes and such.
Philo, I even apologize to you because I don’t mean to single you out, I’m sure you could be a valueble trader here, just your methods on doing such need to change before you upset people. I hope in no way this changes the deal we have, but I just felt I need to speak out about this for the benfit of the MC community.
Again all I am sorry for this
Mike
Oh, now I get it. But, yeah there are some people I've needed to take time with (Boober_Gorg, you, etc.)

DMX, I'll e-mail you in a few hours after I get my homework done.

pollick529

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:

jediX, what about my trade? :concern: I'm sure there is something you might like from my collection. :wink: E-mail me at gamefan50@hotmail.com or pollick529@yahoo.ca, and see if we can work something out. Okay, thanx! :smile: