Help identifying an old clip? Man with a moustache...

Jfriah

Reaction score
Hi!
This is going to be very vague, but it has been 'haunting' me (as in 'won't get out of my head since I tried describing it to someone', not 'oooooh i'm scared!') for the past while.

I was talking with a couple friends and they have no recollection of this one but I SWEAR it was a clip from 'the old days'. Perhaps it was (excuse me) "The Electric Company" but I watched S.S. wayyyyyy more than E.C. And I used to have a pretty good memory.

Can't remember exactly what it was 'about' but I know (haha, or THINK I know) that it involved a tall, thin man with a thin moustache, black hair in a really nice part to the side, beady eyes, and it was very windy. I'm sure I'm not putting together parts from other 'clips'.

Perhaps I've lost it and it didn't really exist. And search engines are doing nothing for me!

Help if someone remembers this and can direct me to somewhere or at least confirm that it actually was a clip!

Thanks in advance if anyone remembers it, too.

(it was animated, not 'muppet'-ized/live action).

:halo:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't know how you expect anyone to figure out what you're exactly talking about.

I'm not trying to sound harsh at all but unless you can say what the plot to it is then I don't think we can figure out what you're referring to.

Jfriah

Reaction score
moustache man

Edited by Jfriah because he didn't want to seem as crass.
-----------------------------------------------------

I guess I should have known exactly which clip/character I was talking about before asking. Silly me. Kind of like buying a lottery ticket with the correct numbers on it before they're picked. Or saying "4" before someone asks what 2+2 is.

If anyone ELSE has thoughts on what this clip MIGHT possibly be from, be sure to let me know and maybe someday I'll figure out what has been bugging my brain for the past while.

My apologies for being so stupid.

:attitude: ...all muppet lovers are not the same.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Jfriah said:
My apologies for being so stupid.
I'm sure no offense was intended.

This is just a total "shot in the dark," so it may not be what you're looking for, but there was a Sesame Street animated clip of a tall guy with a short mustache. It was set to a limerick that went like this:

A jolly old fellow named Joe
Once said to his lap, "Well, hello!
When I'm sitting, you're here.
But it's never quite clear -
When I'm standing up, where do you go?"

Nothing about the wind in it at all, but it's the closest thing I can think of that matches your description. Good luck in your quest!

Jfriah

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
That does not sound like it but thanks for trying!

It will now be my 'holy grail' for the rest of my life, trying to find out what the heck I thought I was seeing as a kid that stuck with me so much.

Guess I'll just have to watch each and every episode! Wheeeeeee!!!!

:cry:

SomeGuy75

Reaction score
Was this guy with the moustache sitting in a very, 70s looking living room? Did this segment revolve around a letter T segment?

Jfriah

Reaction score
Hmm. I don't recall the guy sitting in his living room, what I remember most (or think I do...) is that it was very windy/blustery and he had a very thin face, dark hair, and 'greasy' hair smoothed down on his head and was struggling against the wind at one point?

I do have a feeling it was one of the letters, though... Don't know what a T would stand for though... Hah....tornado?

:rolleyes: