Help me? :)

search

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I used to watch Sesame Street when I was a child, and as far as I remember I enjoyed it. :wink:

But this isn't what I wanted to tell you.

Someone told me that Henson created a muppet which was based on one of the best drummers in the world - John Bonan (Bonzo) from Led Zeppelin. I started to look for any information about it but I found nothing. I don't even know in which muppet production he appeared. I would be very greatful for any information or pictures of that muppet. :confused: I kinda remember from my childhood a small, wicked creature going mad behind a drumset. It could be the one I'm looking for but I'm not sure. Thank you in advance for any information about it or where to look for it. :excited:

best regards,
search.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I don't know the true answer to your question.I do know,there are 2 major muppet drummers: Animal is one,drummer for Electric Mayhem & Bip Bippadotta(he did a sketch on Ed Sullivan playing the drums).

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
The description does sound like Animal...but I believe Animal was modeled after another one of the best drummers of all time; Keith Moon. If the character you're referring to was on Sesame Street, I think The Count or ssetta would be better equipped to answer your question.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
this is a discussion about SS. this belongs on 1 of the other message boards.

search

Reaction score
Animal of course

Yep! You were right :smile: It's Animal alright. I even downloaded a drum battle between Animal and Buddy Rich. Sorry if offtopic, and thanks for info.

Best regards, search.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dont worry about being off topic. Everyone is around here.

In fact...is there a topic? Hang on, I do remember one flying past about six monthes ago.

Anyway, welcome to MC. Glaad we could help.