Help needed placing these old episodes

ISNorden

Reaction score
A friend recently mailed me a home-burned DVD with two classic episodes of Sesame Street; both apparently aired in the late 80s/early 90s, but they're missing part of the opening theme (which means no episode numbers). Does anyone out there have the numbers for these, or could they track down that information so I can file the shows with the rest of my collection? I'd appreciate that a lot, thanks!

Mystery Episode #1

Plot: After seeing Susan's and Luis' baby pictures, Big Bird is fascinated by the idea of what his other adult friends were like as children. He eventually sees Gabi's baby book, then helps Snuffy fill one out for Alice.

Sponsors (announced by Alice and Snuffy): B, J, 9

Notable clips: "Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine" (cartoon); "J Friends" (Muppet song/sketch); Speech Balloon Animation (B for Bug--bug gets sprayed by squeamish woman, then shoots her with a cannon); Buffy breast-feeds baby Cody (street scene with kids)

Trivia that might help: Gabi is still a very young child in this episode.

Mystery Episode #2

Plot: Shelley the Turtle refuses to come out of his shell because Barkley has frightened him badly. Despite pleas from his friends on the street, Shelley keeps avoiding his fear with other activities...until an episode of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" (which he watches inside) gives Shelley enough confidence to come out.

Sponsors (announced by a female cast member--possibly Gina?): H, M, 6

Notable clips: Typewriter Guy (H for Hand); vintage letter animation (M for Mouse/Mud/Mother, probably from 1969-70); Swedish number animation (6 camels; no voice-over); Shelley sings "I Get There" (separate Muppet song/sketch)

Trivia that might help: Linda still owns Barkley in this episode.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Dantecat told me that the first episode is 2621. I don't know the other one.

I find it very interesting that Buffy appears in a scene from 1989. I thought the character's segments would have been retired by then.

jonnytbird

Reaction score
Yeah, Dantecat told me about those episodes too and I'm going to get them from him pretty soon. BTW, where'd he get them from?

ISNorden

Reaction score
My friend said only that he'd traded for them (and BooberGorg told me they weren't in his collection, which surprises me--I'm mailing him a copy of that disc soon!). Thanks to you and Dantecat for tracking down ONE of those episodes; here's hoping I can find out about the other!

jonnytbird

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised by that cuz I was hoping I can give those 2 episodes to Boobergorg after I'd get them from Dantecat. Did he just talk to you today cuz I just left him an email this morning. Oh well. I'll see if I have any luck next time.

Jon

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised by that cuz I was hoping I can give those 2 episodes to Boobergorg after I'd get them from Dantecat. Did he just talk to you today cuz I just left him an email this morning. Oh well. I'll see if I have any luck next time.

Jon
I talked with Boobergorg last night, and brought up a trade after asking for his help ID'ing the episodes. We've worked out a deal--he'll get a copy of the disc as soon as my friend can burn one. (It's a shame this computer can't handle DVDs...*shrug*)

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I've discovered the numbers! They are, respectively, shows #2621 and #2622.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I know so; forum member rjschex had these episodes, and listed descriptions. Here's what he posted:

#2621 (B-J-9) adult cast members appear as children--including a young Gordon with a fake mustache!
News Flash: Cinderella / B-bug / Old Woman who lived in a nine / Teeny Little Superguy-going to school / What's My Part (recognize the logo? It was the "Remembering Game" sign!) / "Everybody Sleeps" / Typewriter Guy: Jump / Waiter!-number 9 special / debut of "Wanda Falbo" (dog) / limerick-Beard / "J Friends" (I caught a blooper here! On the word "jump" in the final stanza, when the green muppet jumps, the forehead of one of the muppeteers is visible!) / Willie Wimple--THE SAME SKETCH SHOWN ON TWO CONSECUTIVE SHOWS!

#2622 (H-M-6)
Mouse-mud-mother / animated alphabet with jazz trumpet music / Typewriter Guy-Hand / Pinball #6 / NewsFlash: Miss Muffet

ISNorden

Reaction score
Thank you for finding the other episode number, MuppetDude; they're important for the way I organize and upload video files online. *high-5* If rjschex is still active here, he deserves my thanks as well.