1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Help, Not Getting E-Mails Anymore

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Muppet Master, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

As most of you know, you get e-mail notifications whenever someone replies to your post or posts on a watched thread, but since yesterday I have not been getting those e-mails, and I come to this site with many replies. How do I fix this, please help if you can.

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I suggest checking your junk mail folder. If this site is sending you a lot of mail, your system might have assumed that this site is spamming you.

Muppet Master likes this.
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I haven't been getting email notifications either, and nothing in the junk mail either. I also checked my email prefences and it is ticked to receive email alerts from new messages. What is happening, Phillip?

4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We're looking into this for you guys.

muppetperson likes this.
  5. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I haven't either. Could it be too many emails going out?

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Actually, my problem was the junk mail thing, so I am fine now.

Phillip likes this.
  7. Phillip

I just sent you a test e-mail. Please reply back via e-mail if you receive it.

8. muppetperson

Nothing has come through anywhere. Not even in the personal messages direct at Muppet Central.

9. muppetperson

Phillip, I got an email alert today from a different private message, so looks like it is fixed. Thanks.

Phillip likes this.
  10. Phillip

I noticed your e-mail alerts for posts are turned off by default in your profile. That may or may not be the way you want that so adjust as needed.

11. muppetperson

Which section do I see that under?

12. muppetperson

I can see alert preferences, and all are ticked but cant see a default setting.

13. Phillip

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/account/preferences

If you want alerts turned on by default for new threads or replies, check... "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply."

If you want e-mail alerts turned on by default, check... "and receive email notifications of replies."

muppetperson likes this.