Help Please

Whispers

Reaction score
I have a minor dilemma of sorts at the moment and so to avoid 'wasting' too much fabric through experimentation I thought I'd voice my question here first hehe.

Is it possible to make a fabric pattern from a foam pattern in order to cover the foam part of the puppet?

I have a Musical Note Pattern from One Way Street and the foam IS the skin. However I want to try making a Note covered with fabric and the note will have a body with arms.
Hopefully I'm making sense!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
I have a minor dilemma of sorts at the moment and so to avoid 'wasting' too much fabric through experimentation I thought I'd voice my question here first hehe.

Is it possible to make a fabric pattern from a foam pattern in order to cover the foam part of the puppet?

I have a Musical Note Pattern from One Way Street and the foam IS the skin. However I want to try making a Note covered with fabric and the note will have a body with arms.
Hopefully I'm making sense!
yes but youll still have to work with fabric, try draping a pattern , or use the pattern you have, but enlarge it around the edge, could be 1/4 " or 1/2", youll have to experimanet and see, why not get some cheap muslin fabric, that is used to make patterns in both fashion, and puppet building.

Whispers

Reaction score
Yes I knew I'd need to enlarge to allow some seam allowance and oh good recommendation on fabric, thanks a bunch!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Draping and gluing in place is your best bet!
not sure what you mean by that, but if you want a pattern that you will be able to replicate again and again, i suggest you not glue the fabric in place after draping