Help - Sesame Street Season 36 & 37 wanted

abphelan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get the full last two seasons on DVD? Here in the UK they stop showing the shows about 4 years ago and brought in their own version called "play with me sesame" last year on the Disney channel which is really a very pale imitation of the real thing.

My First Child learnt so much from Sesame Street as did my second and we taped everything but now the tapes are worn out and my baby son (13 months old) loves it. We have bought every single DVD released in the sesame street collection (we must have over 40) but you can never beat the actual series.

The only places that actually show the show is the US & Canada and i am getting desperate. I won't say that price is no option but i will pay what ever is needed. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to be able to get Season 38 on DVD as and when the season starts

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Welcome to the craziness that is Muppet Central.

There are a few things from your post that need be explained.
First of all, if you're looking for the actual Sesame Street (USA) show, then I recommend you try finding a copy of Sesame Street Old School Volume 1 DVD boxset, which contains the first five season premieres along with the pilot pitch featuring Kermit and Rowlf and added favorite sketches and songs.
(Happen to have an extra copy for sale).

Secondly, Play With Me Sesame isn't a replacement for the original show. The Sesame Workshop (originally Children's Television Workshop) and Nickelodeon went into a joint-partnership, launching the Noggin Channel. As part of their partnership, a total of 67 classic SS episodes aired under the banner of Sesame Street Unpaved. They also co-developed a second show called Play With Me Sesame for US audiences, starring Bert, Ernie, Grover, and Prairie Dawn. The good thing about these shows was that classic SS sketches were sometimes included. Subsequently, a version was created for the UK starring two new characters named Domby and Kit. But PWMS isn't meant to be a substitution for nor new version of the original.

Third, the version of SS that aired in Canada, a co-production all its own called Sesame Canada and then later renamed as Sesame Park, may be currently airing there (I don't fully know that as I don't live in nor watch Canadian TV) but no new episodes are being produced. So for all effective measures that co-production is finished with unless someone decides to restart it again.

Fourth, there are many international co-productions of Sesame Street, not just the US and/or Canadian versions. If you go to http://muppet.wikia.com and search through their Sesame Street section, you'll be able to find all the different versions of the program around the world.

Fifth, and I'm sorry it took so long to get to the true answer you were looking for... These last seasons haven't been released on DVD in the commercial US market. Some of the episodes have been released in specialized releases, like the three-part episode from Season 34 featuring the birth of Curly Bear, the Season 35 premiere titled The Street We Live On, and two upcoming releases with a few select Season 37 episodes. If you want these last seasons in their entirety on DVD, then I suggest you talk to some of the veteran tape traders here on the forums, especially Boober_Gorg. Maybe they'd be able to help you out if it so happens they've recorded the full seasons as they've aired here in the US.

Hope this helps, welcome to the madness, and have fun exploring the rest of the forums

abphelan

Reaction score
Thank you for your very clear reply. I have the old school boxset - The series I am looking for is the one broadcast in the US (this is what we saw when I was a kid in Ireland and the version that i have "hooked" my kids on) and i just assumed the show shown in Canada was the same (apologies to anyone who may have been offended!). Most of the programmes I have now are so out of date that they are nearly fashionable again! (Paisley print, kipper ties etc). The last series that we were able to record was season 32 and, although i buy specific DVDs when they are released, I have found nothing is more educational than the actual show,

Don't know why they stopped showing the series here but i am sure that there were some commercial implications - I will try and contact Boober_Gorg to see if knows where i can get the full series shipped to me here

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure... Glad to help out a fellow fan. Hope you're able to get the full seasons from 33 on down for your library.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
*Whoosh*

I've got seasons 34 through 37, and I plan to tape the following seasons. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Blink! Was that... the legendary... MuppetDude?
Hmmm, I wonder where he's been. Rully missed talking to him here and through electronic mail.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Mwahahahahaha! *cough cough*

I am interested in "Play With Me Sesame", but I have trouble trading with the UK due to the different region players. If I had a way to convert them I would.

And now I'm off to donate my wisdom to the Wiki. And I'm OFF! *Whoosh*