Help with Custom Puppet Patterns?

obeydrx

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. My wife and I just recently managed to scrape together the essentials to start building some puppets and we're very excited to get to work. However, the specific designs we have in mind are a slightly different from the standard shapes and we're not quite sure how to go about them. I was wondering if someone here could be kind enough to give advice or perhaps draw up a very simple pattern for us to work with? For reference, the sketches I have of the characters are here: http://img23.imageshack.us/i/puppets.jpg/ We don't really need complete patterns here, just a pattern for how to make the heads and possibly the curly-toed feet. If someone would be willing to help us out with this, we'd be sincerely grateful.

Thanks for your time!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Huh, your caharcaters are familiar to me, not sure why,

Anyway , a basic shape would work, but if you have no previous puppet building under your belt, its going to be a challeneg no matter what.

expieramnet with shapes, play around with it, and enjoythe ride, patterns dont just pop into being thier is alot of work that goes into creatinga propper puppet pattern normally after constructiing a mock up that i am happy with, i will take it aprt and make a pattern evening up the shapes and correcting errrs before building a final, sometimes two or three mock ups wil be attapemt before getting approval from a client or myself.

obeydrx

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the encouragement! :excited: Actually, my wife's pretty sure she has an idea in mind already for how they should work, so hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult. As for the familiarity, I MAY have asked you about building these characters before as I've mentioned them previously on this forum. Either that or you might have come across some of my artwork for them on another website.

obeydrx

Reaction score
That's actually what we were considering! *laughs*