Help with Performing a Female Puppet Character

darkkira

Reaction score
im hoping to either have my ex girlfriend do the voice or one of my other female friends. does this sound good.many of my female friends are actresses:excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't think it would be that bad to have a girl play a female character as well, we're sort of talented at the voices you know :wink:.
Ha ha! You know, I don't really think it was the intention to say women can't play female puppet characters (as I'm sure you realize). It's just more about how can men perform them well.

I actually know someone who was kind of upset to find out that Miss Piggy and Janice were both played by men. She asked, "Don't they hire women puppeteers?" I explained to her that with both Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, the majority of lead female parts are given to female performers.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know, but sometimes I have to poke about it anyway, I think because I have a normally high 'character' like voice without even thinking about it...It's just sometimes I feel that because Miss. Piggy was done by a guy a lot of people don't think about we girls as actors as often. I'm not saying that we never get jobs, I just like to give a poke every now and then and say sometimes one person doesn't have to make it harder on themselves and can ask for creative help...I may not make a living with puppets, but I do know that no project is an island, no matter what you are doing :smile:

darkkira

Reaction score
ive never used a puppet but ive acted before. i wasnt really intentionally make fun of women but. i see it can sometimes happen. ill be careful :smile: