Helping Super Beaker to stand...

Davina

Reaction score
Hey all.. we got our super beaker figure last week and have been having some fun with itm, but we've noticed that it has atendency to fall over alot. seems it's a bit top heavy and the leg angle (he leans slightly forward as if about to take off from the ground) seems to encourage him to be off balance, even when stuck to the nice little stands they have. (he didn't come with one, but we have plenty from other figures that don't need them)
was wondering if anyone else had noticed this or had this problem and what everyone else is doing about it. we currently just have him on a stand, normal head, with helmet and pack beside him, but htat just isn't as much fun (plus, we'd like to later suspend the "normal" head in the tank at muppet labs... :eek: )

any ideas??
thanks!

Gwen

Reaction score
Davina said:
was wondering if anyone else had noticed this or had this problem and what everyone else is doing about it... any ideas??
A lot of people are having this problem. One person 'cured' it by cutting his legs off just under the shorts, cutting them at a slightly different angle, and gluing them back on. Others are resorting to fishing wire or invisible string to rig a thingy to help keep him standing. Another person made a custom stand and placed part of it under one of the playsets. Here is the thread over at Palisades: http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5706&page=1&pp=15

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
For me, and something that is kind of fun. Put him on the ladder, that came with Super Scooter. In the show Scooter was reading the book as others were on the ladder. if you have his legs on the second rung of the ladder, and his hands on the top, beaker sets there just fine. Though be careful too, because I broke the top fin when I put on his helmet head. Of course it was in the UPS truck all day and gets 100 degrees here easy. But with that it looks cool to have Scooter reading the book on the ground. And beaker climbing the ladder getting ready to leap.

Gonzo's goof

Davina

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas.. we'll defiantely be giving the ladder idea a try.. we had stuck him onto one of our spare stands, and he seemed to be doing ok, but this morning when i checked on him he'd bent so far over his nose was nearly touching the ground (feet staid on the stand though....) so after fixxing his lags, he spent the rest of the day sitting around... we'ver eventually going to rig up some sort of flying apparatis for him (and cannon fired gonzo, of course.. i think i'm going to have him about to land in the kitchen... as soon as we get the kitchen stuff back from my step daughters who are here for the summer and decided that it'd all be perfect for their barbie house... *sigh*)
but the ladder idea is great til we can get things rigged up! :smile:

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Doesn't he have holes on the bottom of his feet? If he does, use a base you aren't using. :wink: