1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Henson Company and John Tartaglia team up for new puppet series on PBS

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Pig's Laundry, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Muppeteer and Avenue Q puppeteer John Tartaglia and The Jim Henson Company are collaborating on a new puppet tv series about ocean creatures,entitled "Splash". The show has been greenlit for 40 episodes and will air on PBS Kids this fall.

http://www.toughpigs.com/splash-pbs/

[​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I wonder if Kevin Clash will be involved with this.

LabyrinthLani likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

He could be involved in a very minor way.If he is too involved, the show could risk getting a bad reputation.

backpackmina likes this.
  4. MuppetSpot

True let's hope he's just noncredit puppeteer.

backpackmina likes this.
  5. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Shame that that's the only way he can work again.

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I wonder why John didn't get Ernie when Steve left SS. I wonder about that since he played him before. I mean Billy's done a great job with Ernie, I'm just curious about that, but I may be getting too much off topic. It was just one of those "speaking of John" types of deals. :)

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Dagnabit! That was another treatment I had that I hoped to bring to TV someday: a puppet sitcom about ocean creatures - it was going to be an adaption from a cartoon I did waaay back in 2003.

It's like all the ideas I have somebody else (who do actually have actual resources to work with) runs with them before I do: like how GLEE and its carbon copies came out shortly after I developed a concert for a musical puppet sitcom, or how the movie THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU is very similar to a movie concept I had (though I did eventually work that premise somewhat in my TECHNICOLOR DREAMS film).

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm never going to get any of my projects or ideas off the ground: there's too much corporate interference in American entertainment today, and I live in an area where - despite us having a sizeable network of indepedent producers and filmmakers - there just aren't any resources like studios and equipment and such.

8. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

I honestly can't tell a difference between the 3 of them.

9. MuppetSpot

Well maybe Sesame Workshop needed a puppeteer who wasn't always busy like John or Steve.

Waiter Grover likes this.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think we're missing the big picture here.

Henson successfully pitched a show to PBS. They have a mainstream television series again. Considering that Doozers went straight to Hulu Plus in the US, it really hurt the mainstream presence the show would have got.

mr3urious likes this.
  11. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

And it uses actual puppets! :)