Henson Company and John Tartaglia team up for new puppet series on PBS

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wonder why John didn't get Ernie when Steve left SS. I wonder about that since he played him before. I mean Billy's done a great job with Ernie, I'm just curious about that, but I may be getting too much off topic. It was just one of those "speaking of John" types of deals. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dagnabit! That was another treatment I had that I hoped to bring to TV someday: a puppet sitcom about ocean creatures - it was going to be an adaption from a cartoon I did waaay back in 2003.

It's like all the ideas I have somebody else (who do actually have actual resources to work with) runs with them before I do: like how GLEE and its carbon copies came out shortly after I developed a concert for a musical puppet sitcom, or how the movie THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU is very similar to a movie concept I had (though I did eventually work that premise somewhat in my TECHNICOLOR DREAMS film).

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm never going to get any of my projects or ideas off the ground: there's too much corporate interference in American entertainment today, and I live in an area where - despite us having a sizeable network of indepedent producers and filmmakers - there just aren't any resources like studios and equipment and such.

backpackmina

Reaction score
I wonder why John didn't get Ernie when Steve left SS. I wonder about that since he played him before. I mean Billy's done a great job with Ernie, I'm just curious about that, but I may be getting too much off topic. It was just one of those "speaking of John" types of deals. :smile:
I honestly can't tell a difference between the 3 of them.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well maybe Sesame Workshop needed a puppeteer who wasn't always busy like John or Steve.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think we're missing the big picture here.

Henson successfully pitched a show to PBS. They have a mainstream television series again. Considering that Doozers went straight to Hulu Plus in the US, it really hurt the mainstream presence the show would have got.