Henson event at MTR

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, Vic,
No, nothing yet. :frown: I'm a bit disappointed they never e-mailed me as they're usually very quick to respond.. I decided to try and give them a call next week figuring a) they'll have more info by then since the event will be the following week and b) this week is sort of an off week since we're going into the Labor Day holiday this weekend and someone who might have the info might be away you know?
I PROMISE to post any additional information I find on here...

MelissaY1

Reaction score
So I e-mailed their membership department today only to be told to call the museum...gee thanks a lot guys I could've figured that out!! So I hope to call next week and get some info

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just FYI, apparently this is not happening at NY's MTR but it's actually happening at the one in LA. I'm just waiting to get a 100% confirmation, but it looks like it will be on the West Coast.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
I got two different copies of MT&R's newsletter with the following details on this event -- the latter appears to be updated w/ schedule info:

Family Event
Fifty Years of Fabulous:
Celebrating The Jim Henson Company's 50th Anniversary
Saturday, September 24, 2005
12:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Join us for an afternoon of screenings, activities, and special guests from the Henson Company as we celebrate their fifty-year achievement.

Tickets: There is a $5 admission charge for this event. Tickets will go on sale September 7 and may be purchased in the Museum lobby during regular Museum hours or by calling the Museum at (310) 786-1091 between noon and 5:00 p.m.

==========================

Family Event
Fifty Years of Fabulous:
Celebrating The Jim Henson Company's 50th Anniversary
Saturday, September 24, 2005
12:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Join us for an afternoon of screenings, activities, and special guests from the Henson Company as we celebrate their fifty-year achievement.

12:15 p.m. Sneak preview of the new television series, Frances, and drop-in puppet-making workshop
12:30 p.m. Book signing with Cheryl Henson, It's Not Easy Being Green and Other Things to Consider
2:00 p.m. Puppeteer demonstration
3:00 p.m. Fraggle Rock screenings

Tickets: Included with Museum admission and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
=======================

As far as I can tell, this is indeed at the LA location only (since the number given is for the LA museum), although it's possible they could be hosting a similar event at their NYC location since it has happened on a few occasions. I can't find any such details on the website though: http://www.mtr.org/

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
OK, so the event is probably happening in both LA and NYC which explains the conflicting reports. I think the problem is that everything is not 100% confirmed yet. I think they (the Jim Henson Legacy) are working on several events this fall to tie-in with the company's 50th anniversary including the launch of the Muppet stamps, the new "It's Not Easy Being Green" stamps and more Muppet screenings. Probably there will be more details a little later in September.

I've posted a few details here and I'll be blogging more about this stuff as info becomes available.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver,
First off I love your website and puppetry blog. Keep up the great work! Second, that's really wacky about the event. This is why I've been holding off on calling them because normally when I get those preview guides in the mail as a museum member, they usually have pretty detailed descriptions of their events which is why I found it odd about the vague details of this one...let's HOPE we find out more next week. I wonder who will be running the puppetry demonstration?