Henson Foundation

puppets_etc

Reaction score
I was doing searches on the net on Jim Henson and came across this one:

www.hensonfoundation.org

Thought it was interesting and wanted to share.
(mommy always said it was good to share!):big_grin:

Deb

Kye

Reaction score
Thanks Deb.

Its a great site. Funny, but do you have a clue why the 2002 festival was cancelled??

puppets_etc

Reaction score
No clue, I just assumed it was being held every two years. Maybe we should ask Phil?

Deb

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by puppets_etc
No clue, I just assumed it was being held every two years. Maybe we should ask Phil?

Deb
Sadly, like the state of most things in JHC land, this appears to have been caught in limbo. It sucks...this sound slike such a wonderful oppurtunity. Yet, darn near every JHC site from Muppets.com to Bearfanmember.com to the foundation hasnt been updated in awhile. Hopefully when JHC gets back on their feet they'll be able to revive various goings on and related stuff.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually nope, the problem here is that the 'Henson Foundation' is not owned by or part of Jim Henson Company at all. It was set up when the Henson's owned Henson, but it wasn't part of the EMTV deal. It is still owned (i think) by the children and it doesn't have the greatest relationship with EMTV. The foundation had until recently had offices rent free in the JHC NY offices, but once EMTV came in and started to cut costs they were told to get out. So basically they had to move, pay for new offices and have had plenty of stuff going on that have probably prevented them from continuing with normal events.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Actually nope, the problem here is that the 'Henson Foundation' is not owned by or part of Jim Henson Company at all. It was set up when the Henson's owned Henson, but it wasn't part of the EMTV deal. It is still owned (i think) by the children and it doesn't have the greatest relationship with EMTV. The foundation had until recently had offices rent free in the JHC NY offices, but once EMTV came in and started to cut costs they were told to get out. So basically they had to move, pay for new offices and have had plenty of stuff going on that have probably prevented them from continuing with normal events.
Freaking EM.TV...didnt America learn its lessons about dealing wiht German higher ups in WW2?