Henson Induction into TV Hall of Fame

Daylight

Reaction score
I was just watching Jim Henson's Induction into the TV Hall of Fame on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3R12M1rF5Q&search=Muppet

(which I think is absolutely amazing being able to see so many of the muppet characters together as well as all the muppet performers)

I was wondering various things such as who do you think performed Kermit for this? It's a wonderful job of lip synching, because I was convinced Jim was up there until I saw he was in the audience. I was also wondering how they manage to do such good lip synching. Also who performed Statler and Waldorf if all the muppet performers were up there on stage? And don't you think its kind of funny that Jim would have had to know quite a bit about the performance ahead of time because he had to do the voice for Kermit, Rowlf and Ernie. I think it was a wonderful performance, but it also really sparked my curiosity. Can anyone help?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Daylight said:
I was just watching Jim Henson's Induction into the TV Hall of Fame on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3R12M1rF5Q&search=Muppet

(which I think is absolutely amazing being able to see so many of the muppet characters together as well as all the muppet performers)

I was wondering various things such as who do you think performed Kermit for this? It's a wonderful job of lip synching, because I was convinced Jim was up there until I saw he was in the audience. I was also wondering how they manage to do such good lip synching. Also who performed Statler and Waldorf if all the muppet performers were up there on stage? And don't you think its kind of funny that Jim would have had to know quite a bit about the performance ahead of time because he had to do the voice for Kermit, Rowlf and Ernie. I think it was a wonderful performance, but it also really sparked my curiosity. Can anyone help?
I saw that lastnight as well it was wonderfull I didn't even know jim was inducted while he was still alive! so nice to see him and smiling...but when wasn't jim smiling really!
I think it was steve witmire doing kermit perhaps?
all I know is that I love youtube.com because I'm able to see things I haven't seen forever or never before!
-Vaughn Michael

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Daylight said:
And don't you think its kind of funny that Jim would have had to know quite a bit about the performance ahead of time because he had to do the voice for Kermit, Rowlf and Ernie.
Yeah I thought the same thing, it is sort of funny to think of Jim having to say (in Kermit's voice) how great Jim is! lol

I saw this at The Museum of TV and Radio, I'm glad it's on youtube now. It's a great clip, it really captures a moment in time. The Muppets were clearly enormously popular, the way the audience reacts and applauds. They were world class celebrities.

...at least the characters were. It's sort of ironic how the audience cheers for the puppets but then politely applauds the not-as-famous performers. Heh.

Tim

Reaction score
One interesting side note..
Camera shots of Henson sitting in the audience show him very near to an elegantly dressed silver haired woman. The lady was Lillian Disney accepting Walt's induction that night as well. Her last major public appearance.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Ahh, that's great! and I gotta go with a Mickey muppet on this one. The Muppets, in my book.. still ARE extremly popular!..

:smile: :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, all I was saying was that this was the height of their popularity. I was not implying they are no longer liked.

unclematt

Reaction score
For some reason myine ends when Piggy comes out. I am going to try and watch it later. From what I saw it was great. That is Jim doing the voice of his characters for sure though.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I remember there was a thread about this. People were wondering how Jim was persuaded to "brag" about his accomplishments, because he was so modest in real life. My theory was that he was hypnotized into doing it.