1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by dwmckim, Jul 20, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

You win!

Seriously, what are these things made of? I was under the impression that they were papercrafts. If so, how flippin' dangerous could getting your finger stuck in one be? Freedom is just a rip away. It's not like they're chinese finger traps.

I'm pleased that the discussion of religion has stayed on a pretty rational level here. Nobody has flipped out or run afoul of Godwin's Principle. I may thing that some of the opinions expressed are hooey, but as long as people express said hooey in a reasonable manner I'll express my hooey the same way.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Now I do have to say that their so-called "recall" is pretty pathetic on Chick-Fil-A's part. I mean, if you're going to state that you do not support gay marriage, aren't you also going to stick with it, and say that they are no longer being given due to the JHC withdrawing the product because of a disagreement with the company or something like that? But instead they chicken out (pun intended) and say there was a safety concern.

But even then, couldn't they come up with something, anything better than there is a concern that children might get their fingers stuck in the puppets? How is that even a safety concern? I mean, all you have to do is rip the thing, or if that would fail, I'm sure soaking your finger in water would do the trick...and even if your 1 cent puppet is that valuable that you can't do those things, you shouldn't mind having it on your finger for the rest of your life, right? I think that saying that there is a concern that children could swallow them or get a paper cut from them would even be more reasonable.
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

That's how they're spinning that, huh?
  4. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The Henson Company endorses paper cuts! :eek: /sarcasm​
  5. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

And by the way, this...​
    [​IMG]
    ...so tired of people getting it all mixed up!​
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Woah...that pic is just plain awesome!

I nominate that for best comment of the day.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  7. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth. And awesomeness.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well it is runned by a bunch of chickens! Hahaha! Yeah your welcome for that lame pun. :p
  9. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

Think a lot of people who cover show business news could use more posters like this one!
    dwmckim, Vincent Liu and jvcarroll like this.
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, lol. Well all's fair in love and war I guess, lol. The JHC made them look bad in the press; now they're seeking a little revenge. I for one find it amusing. ;)
  11. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Its hilarious but only because it is such a weak counter. Besides, if they are going to stand proudly behind their decision, then don't putz out and come out with lame excuses. Just be frank and say what you mean. "The Jim Henson Company and this company do not see eye to eye. We have parted ways."
    Unless....of course....The Jim Henson Company boobytrapped their toys to ensnare good Christian children and brainwash them with immoral puppetry. The horror!

Haha, All joking aside, this just makes it look like a bad divorce. Live and let live. Everyone just needs to accept that we ALL have different beliefs and learn to be okay with that. It's going to be a long hard life if we can't all just coexist in peace.
    Pinkflower7783 and Vincent Liu like this.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I mean, I wouldn't have minded even a "Chick-Fil-A will no longer be giving out Jim Henson creature puppets due to a disagreement with the Jim Henson Company" or something like that.

Wouldn't it be funny if later found out that there really was a serious safety conern with them?
    bandit likes this.
  13. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Frank Oz? :p

I nominate this for "best sarcastic quote of the day".
    bandit likes this.
  14. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

That's basically exactly what I just said! *lol* I agree. Say what you mean. It's not so hard and it lends integrity to your particular stance.
  15. heralde

I'm sure they didn't see it as putzing out. More like "you hurt us, now we're hurting you."

Well the problem is there are beliefs that shouldn't be tolerated because they cause harm. We can't always live and let live.
    bandit likes this.
  16. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Which doesn't strike me as very Christian or mature.

But obviously, yes, there are certain things that aren't going to fall into that 'Live and let live' category. I was referring more specifically to us here and to people who weigh in on this issue. Then again, you could make the argument that it's very hard to get along with someone who would advocate the denial of basic human rights.
    Anyway, I wasn't implying that we should turn a blind eye to things beliefs that might be hurtful to people. But I think there is a little elbow room here for accepting that our more devout Christian MC members or friends or even relatives in this case will not share our enthusiasm for the Jim Henson Company's latest move.

I don't know about anyone else but, I think most people on here are well spoken, thoughtful individuals who have expressed their opinions (whatever they may be) eloquently and respectfully. It's a shame that can't just carry over into the RL more often in things like these.
    LouisTheOtter likes this.
  17. heralde

No but it is very Capitalistic, hehe. They don't want to lose customers.

Agreed on both points. :)
  18. Pinkflower7783

I say we all go into a Chick fil a and start eating burgers.
    LouisTheOtter likes this.
  19. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? Seems to me we should do the opposite with all this weird stuff happening.
    (or is it sarcasm?)
  20. Pinkflower7783

I know my family doesn't. Well I know mostly my older relatives are very much against gay marriage. Most people in my family are pretty strict Christians. The younger ones I don't think care either way.