Henson Performers Birthday Help!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Why oh why cant we just let the mysterious JHC associated lurkers be? We scared off Bill Baretta sadly from the old MC...I wouldnt want folks to scare off the few JHC related contacts left:wink:
The Muppeteers are normal people (although I defend my Bill chasing. He is more than a normal person! :big_grin: ). They just have way-cool experiences that we all want to hear about. It's like petting a shy puppy. If you don't make any sudden moves, we don't shout, and we move very slowly, we might be able to pet the puppy. So before we try and "out" a Muppeteer (and thus the shouting and arm flailing begins), maybe we just ease on back and let the puppy come to us...

:big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Bill Barreta was on the old forum? Cool. I'm not trying to scare anyone off! I just would like to know who it is! That's all! We haven't scared Karen off yet, although she's not on very much.

We scared Bill Barretta off? *sniff sniff*

Okay, I'll stop pestering. But, Emmy's right. They have so many great stories to tell. It's kinda hard not wanting to talk to them!

scarecroe

Reaction score
The up side to scaring off a Muppeteer, or any famous person in a public forum, is that after they've gone away, should they decide to peak their head in again, they know what to expect.

My advice is for folks to relax. Running with your arms flailing like that, you're liable to trip and chip a tooth.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
My advice is for folks to relax. Running with your arms flailing like that, you're liable to trip and chip a tooth.
Or get a nasty gash in your head.

And I can't stand the sight of blood...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Bill Barreta was on the old forum? Cool. I'm not trying to scare anyone off! I just would like to know who it is! That's all! We haven't scared Karen off yet, although she's not on very much.

We scared Bill Barretta off? *sniff sniff*

Okay, I'll stop pestering. But, Emmy's right. They have so many great stories to tell. It's kinda hard not wanting to talk to them!
Well, Ive seen what happens(even recently on other forums) what happens when a JHC past or present sticks their neck out to say hi...fans...well fans just cant control themselves, LOL.

I think JHC past/present/lurking wants to be treated like everyone else. Yeah, its flattering but man...no need to barage em with "OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS YOU MR. OZ!!!"

Just a nice "hey, welcome aboard will do". ^_^

But yeah, when your face to face talking with Brian Henson, Jane Henson, and Sweetums(THE ACTUAL MUPPET!) in real life its hard not to be just a little giddy fanboyish^_^

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Or get a nasty gash in your head.

And I can't stand the sight of blood...
This one time?... At band camp?... I fell on the kitchen floor laughing, smacked my head, got up and saw a pool of blood where my head had been. When I inspected my skull, there were no marks or any further bleeding at all. Just for that duration of about 2.3 seconds in which an insane amount of blood came out. It was totally weird.

And it wasn't really at bandcamp.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears that we may have to make "celebration" menus for certain performers that we can't target. Some performers (and justifiably so) don't want the information on the actual date known for security purposes. I can understand and respect that. And we will oblige any performer who requests we not publicize the actual date. The net can be a creepy place sometimes.

However, every major Henson performer deserves a special day and we will plan a celebration day for them instead of a birthday notification. This will be at some arbitrary date we decide. If you have any ideas, I am all ears.

I am quite busy, so not all menus will be up this year. There are just too many for me to handle. About 40 menus for the rest of the year. I'll only be able to make 20 or so. Some banners will just have to wait. It might seem that I magically make these in a matter of days, but it's really not the case. A lot of thought goes into them - and then there's tweaking and optimizing them so they load quickly (unlike most Flash graphics).

Super Scooter-
That is one flattering offer, but I really have my hands tied now with Muppet Central, my clients and my own projects to add anything more to my plate at this time. Thanks for thinking of me.

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie,

I don't really see the point of having 10-20 arbitary days and having all these menus when it isn't even their birthday, sooner or later there'll be so many menus you'll hardly ever see the main one ! LOL ! It'd be really cool if we could have a 'Muppeteers Day' to celebrate the work of all the Muppeteers. It could be the same day each year and the menu, instead of containing an individual Muppeteers characters, could contain the faces of 8 Muppeteers (or a group scene of all of them) who's birthdays we don't know. Maybe even have a collage of their characters behind them.

I think it'd be cool - like a tribute day - we could have groups of forum members each get together in 10 or so groups and create a tribute poem, card, story or something dedicated to an individual Muppeteer, each group does a different person and then that could get displayed on the site or forum all together. Maybe on the international day of puppetry or something.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I'm all for making up our own holiday!

(since when am I not up for making up holidays?)

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
(since when am I not up for making up holidays?)
...... and we all know it'd be fun to see what Jamie could come up with for a Bill Baretta menu ! Muffins, Envelopes, Restraining Orders ! LOL ! :eek: