Henson talking to Disney and Viacom for potential partnership deals

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Gusworld said:
This wouldn't be a problem with Viacom, of course, since they distribute all sorts of material across the board.
But if Viacom deals with Henson, they'll most likely slot them in their Nick Jr. programming, thinking they're on the same level with Fairly Oddparents or something. When TMS aired on Nick in the early 90's, that was where they were slotted.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally Nick showed TMS at both 6:30 pm CST/7:30 pm EST (it's original syndication time) and also at either 9:00 or 9:30 CST in the mornings. For awhile TMS and Muppet Babies were paired together in the mornings as the Muppet Hour. Nick also showed "Muppet Matinee" on the weekends which was just many of the one-hour Henson specials.

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Unless they want to do some spinoff show Gonzo has a son who's trying to be hip but still has some of his father's weird tendencies.
*Imagines room full of Henson writers scribbling over their notepads thinking - Jeez, Kenny guessed our idea !*

:wink:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
LOL.

The weird thing is, years ago Nickelodeon and (The) Disney Channel were THE places for Muppet productions and fit well with everything else on the channels. Of course in the past few years, Nick and Disney Channel have changed dramatically. So it'd be interesting to see where any Muppet show could fit in into their non-preschool schedules.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
The plus side to having a partnership with Disney or Viacom, is that they could air their old shows on Viacom's TV Land, Nick, Spike TV, or Disney's Disney Channel, A&E, ABC Family, and Playhouse Disney.
Good point. The Muppet Show would fit in perfectly on TV Land. TMS doesn't appeal as much to the audience that Disney, ABC Family, and Nick seem to be after. Nick at Nite is skewed towards newer (late 80s-early 90s) shows. So, I think TV Land (or perhaps A&E) might be the best location. Of course, they could show it on any channel and we'd still watch it.

Also, both companies have lots of clout in the cable TV industry, so maybe working with them is the first step to some sort of Henson-based channel someday...

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I could see the Muppets working on A&E (Disney) or TV Land (Viacom).

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I really think any deal would work, as long as it is strictly a sort of a financial backing sort of deal....(although what I felt is best has never happened, and maybe that's for the better!)

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
as long as it is strictly a sort of a financial backing sort of deal.
"Give us lots of money and we'll make shows and movies that don't suck."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok so there is going to be a muppet wizerd of oz good and it no ABC humm this might work. i hope this is not reall chessy though.