Henson's "Personal" Kermit?

Animal31

Reaction score
Hi All,

Many of you may have already seen this, but I came across this interview on youtube a while ago, and honestly, what a tool it has been in my quest for some great images of Kermit for a personal puppet (Shhhh, don't tell Disney).

My question is does anyone know if Jim Henson ever had a personal Kermit for himself? I ask because as incredible as this Kermit is in the interview, he is somehow different than any others I have seen used on TV or live appearances. The head alone looks completely different than the usual Kermit does, alot more pointy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPKng8j9Mnw :smile:

I'm also curious about how the right arm "holds" onto the body and how the legs stay crossed at the ankles. Is this simply pins holding them in place, or is this puppet a partial poser possibly?

Any insight would be appreciated........

Thanks!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Yes, the right arm is just held in place with a t-pin. That I know for sure. The legs I assume are also pinned, although they could have put a stitch or two in them to hold them together like that.

All the Kermits were Jim's personal Kermit. But he did have a particular one that he took with him for certain appearances. I saw him at the Motion Picture Academy once and he took that Kermit out of a handmade black bag. As I'm sure you've seen in pictures, a lot of the Kermits didn't have legs and he always used one with legs for personal appearances.

:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems to me that many of the Muppeteers use different puppets than what we're used to seeing for such appearances... and you're right, this particular Kermit does look a little different: it appears to me that his eyes are a little closer together than usual.

Melonpool

Reaction score
This should be required viewing for anyone that owns a poser.