Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, scallops are so delightfully pillowy soft when cooked right. Good thing we had a similar lunch, bowls of zancocho (stoup of tubers with onions and tomatoes and pork).

:batty: So vhat about the fic?
Actually, I need to rethink the approach. Still using Golden Afternoon, unless the idea demands something else.
UD: Any thoughts on it so far?
Dunno. It should be something May-ish, maybe a picnic?
:batty: Vasn't that your idea for July?
Yeah, but I can switch things around a bit... Maybe pool party for July and Scarborough Fair for August instead? Gotta get it settled quick before the month ends though.
:batty: If you go with the picnic, who would it center around?
That's another good question. Kermit already got a spotlight in March, and Robin's next up for June at the drive-in. Would like to sneak in some sort of mention/tribute to Jim as well...
UD: *Whispers a suggestion.
You think, she'd…that could work. It wouldn't be the gypsy song we got, but…. To quote the bard, "Let me sleep on it and give you an answer in the morning."

Katzi428

Reaction score
Robin : Hi Mom! coming in from outside and shutting the door
Hi kiddo! pecking him on the cheek how was the barbecue at Bobby's?
Robin: Real fun. There was a real big fly I wanted to catch with my tongue.But I didn't wanna gross Bobby's family out.
Ahhh. Good thinking. :wink: What did you have?
Robin: Hot dogs,hamburgers an' Bobby's dad grilled sausages too. But I just had a hot dog an' cheeseburger. Plus we roasted marshmallows too. Oh yeah...I gotta wash my flippers. They're sticky. Be right back....he goes into the bathroom and washes up and comes back a minute or so later There..that's better.I shoulda done that before Bobby's dad drove me home.
Did you say thank you to his dad for driving you home?
Robin: Yep. An' I said thank you to his mom for havin' me over for dinner. Bobby's got a little sister that's so cute! She kept followin' me around an' sayin' "Wobin,can you pway wiff me?" But she's not so steady on her feet.She's about 2 I think. Her name's Tina. Bobby's mom had to take her inside when Bobby and I were playing Frisbee.
Sounds like you have a little girlfriend! Did you play with her a *little* bit.
Robin: Yeah. That's silly about her bein' my girlfriend! Bobby an' I tossed her big ball back an' forth to her a few times before she had to go take her bubble bath an' go to bed.
That was sweet of you.
Robin:Mom?
Let me guess. You want a little brother or sister.
Robin: No. I know you can't give me a brother or sister .And that's okay. But do you think I'm too young to do babysittin'?
Robin, I hate to say it but yeah. But you're next in line for that paper route right?
Robin: Yeah..true. But I have an idea. Can I call the swamp to see how my family there is doin'? I'll bet my baby cousin there is gettin' big.
I never denied you a call to the swamp before ,and I'm not about to now! Give your mom or dad or whoever answers the phone my love OK?
Robin: You got it! kissing me

Katzi428

Reaction score
checking Email for the last time tonight...Hmm..there's an Email from me from Hec..er..Robin's teacher Mr Rodriguez
Subject: Starbucks?
Hi Kathy!
A little bird..well okay...frog told me you like Starbucks' frappucinoes. I'll pop for one before our meeting tomorrow. Do you have a preference? Hopefully you'll see this before Monday.
H.
Boy..is he a sweetheart! So I send him a response:
Good morning Hector!
As long as it's no trouble , I like mocha coconut frappucinoes. I like grande size, but if that's too expensive I'm not fussy.
I saw this before bed Sun. night.
Kathy.(wondering how the subject of STBX came up between you & my young amphibian son :smile: )

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Angie: *gives Kelly a buzz; leaves voicemail*

Hello, Kelly? S'Angie. Free dinner and entertainment tonight! Wondering if you, and your roomies would like to come over for dinner, and watch the Muppets' appearance on "The Bachorette" tonight? Sal's helping Johnny making his Ma's special marinara sauce, and homemade cannolis! I even tried this new recipe, and it's a Neapolitan cake! I hope it tastes good! 8D

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*Bear and Sarah madly trying to scratch through Angie's door*

Kelly (standing in a 45 degree angle as she tries to wrangle their leashes): Stop ... unh ... I'm ... not ... paying ... for ... grrrr ... the ... door ....

Cotterpin (drives in with Wrench in tow): TV?

Kelly (still struggling): 'Pin, could you ring the doorbell? Hands ... full ...

Sarah *barking*

Wrench (listens to Angie's voice mail): Uh, Johnny's making cans of oil?

Cotterpin (uses a remote to access the doorbell signal): Hey, guys? Can we watch tv at your place? Kelly decided to cheap out and watch strictly Netflix. We haven't seen a tv in ages.

Wrench (shrugs): Or last month, when we were hanging out in your place.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sighs in relief. Okay, the May fic's up, hope the readers in Apt 12 find it. Robin's up next for June, and I'm kind of leaning towards pairing him up with Megan. At least I have the idea set in my mind this time.
*Goes off to nap since I was up late watching the Spurs basketball game and up early today for some ESPN2 programming.

Katzi428

Reaction score
arriving at HVille Elementary the next day : Hector is waiting outside the office for me with a smile.:Good morning!
Hi!
He hands me a mocha coconut frappucino: They're pretty heavy on the whipped cream so I asked for more on the frappucino than on the whipped cream. I hope you don't mind.
Not at all! I noticed that a lot of places do that.
He opens the door and gestures for me to take a seat. Robin's really done a great job this year .He and Nancy have calmed down in the classroom.Then again I had her parents here ,so I think they talked to her as well. In a way I'll miss having Robin as a student .But in another way I don't have to worry about him looking like "teacher's pet" when he's not in my class anymore when I'm seeing his mom. coy wink
:embarrassed: Now remember we wait until the summer. Otherwise people will get suspiscious. Robin's grades have really been okay?
Oh yeah! I think he's finally grasping fractions .I talked to his teacher Fern Abricot from last year .We compared notes and she was amazed! He'll be fine once 5th grade comes around.
Do you know offhand who'll be teaching 5th grade or who you'll be placing with?
Ugghhh I'd like to tell you but unfortunately that's against teacher ethics. Sorry . I can tell you the teachers are nice though. Not as nice as me though. *chuckle*
Oh NO! laughing along I guess I'll have to send Robin to private school or even worse homeschool, which I know diddlysquat about!
Noooo!! Don't do THAT! I'll make sure Robin's taken care of! I PROMISE! *standing up* I better get the kids from gym extending a hand I'll see you soon OK?
shaking his hand Thanks a lot Mr..er..Hector..Both for the frappucino and the good conference about Robin

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Angie: Kelly! 8D *opens the door for Kelly and company* Doggies! Hello, babies. ^w^ Do, come in.

Johnny Fiama: Ang, what did I say 'bout invitin' dogs into our home?...

Linda elbows Johnny

Linda Mezzo: Kelly's 'ere, y'know?

Johnny Fiama: I know that! An' fine, the flea-magnants can stay, but this pad must be dog-proofed...

Angie: Hee! xP

Linda Mezzo: Aw, Kelly, the dogs. They've really grown up... I've always wanted a dog. *leans to dogs' eye level* Hello, there. <3

Johnny Fiama: 'Ey, Kel. *smirks* Oh, Signore!... you have your hands full there. Need a man's hand to carry the extra stuff? ;D

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Sarah (wags tail in front of Johnny, giving him her puppy eyes)

Bear (goes to the kitchen to sniff what's cooking)

Wrench (nods to Angie): Thanks for inviting us.

Cotterpin: Yeah, if we had to rely on Kelly to have some fun, we might as well stay at work. :stick_out_tongue:

Kelly (sighs and thuds, exhausted, on the floor): M-mercy ... I ... I ... I give up ... who's painted ... the ... kitten? @_@

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Johnny Fiama: *looks away, crossing his arms*

Linda Mezzo: Don't be stubborn now, Johnny! I love dogs!... >:C

Johnny Fiama: I, uh... *looks in Sarah's puppy eyes* I...I cannot resist the cuteness! Aw... 'Ey, 'dere, bambina. *strokes Sarah's fur*

Linda Mezzo: Aw, see, honey? *snaps picture of Johnny petting Sarah* <3

Johnny Fiama: *sighs, and smiles meekly; still petting Sarah*...

Angie: *crouches down to Wrench's eye level* You're welcome, Little Critter. *cups hand so Wrench can step in* Do you need anything, dear?

Johnny Fiama: *to Kelly* You okay, doll? Here. *takes Kelly's hand* Lemme assist you to the lounge unit. ;3

Kitchen

Sal Minella: *stirring the sauce; notices Bear* Aw, 'ey dere, Bear. Who's a good boy? You are! You are! *gives Bear a doggy biscuit* 'Ere ya go. Eat up!