Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What is wrong with these idiots, can't they take a hint?
UD: I seriously doubt that, even if you used 16-pound molten and cooled heavy as heck cannonballs.
Good thing we're stocked up on inedible Arbucklian doughballs from the Muff YN Fluff Bakery.

*Keeps cranking the handle to Rosebud, though it's loaded with something other than potatoes.

*Wonders if the right members will get both references in this post.

Katzi428

Reaction score
What is wrong with these idiots, can't they take a hint?
UD: I seriously doubt that, even if you used 16-pound molten and cooled heavy as heck cannonballs.
Good thing we're stocked up on inedible Arbucklian doughballs from the Muff YN Fluff Bakery.

*Keeps cranking the handle to Rosebud, though it's loaded with something other than potatoes.

*Wonders if the right members will get both references in this post.
(Well don't look at ME...I just got here!:eek:)

Chef sends hard meatballs next door

Meanwhile I go & knock on our new roommate's door Rowlf?

Rowlf : Oh hey Kath.c'mon in!

I walk in and look around Hey...your room looks great!

:sympathy: : Thanks! You think Prairie'll mind if I put my bust of Beethoven on the piano ?
Not at all! I think she'd like that.
:sympathy:: I'll wait though. I just moved in.

Oh stop that! This is your apartment too! Put Beethoven out on the piano now! I promise Prairie won't be mad!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Chef. *Adds the hard meatballs to the ammo which is running at a fast clip.

Oh and have Beethoven tell Tchaikovsky the news.
:batty: You know they're rocking it in 2 by 2's.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*loud music is blaring all over Hensonville, rainbows and fireworks are arching over the sky, balloons are everywhere, Kelly's roomies are cheering, etc*

Kelly (dancing and singing to herself): I'm almost there! Almost there! People down here think I'm craaaazy -- but I don't care. Trials and tribulations -- I 've had my share ... there ain't nothin' gonna stop me now, 'cause I'm almost there! *stops to hug everyone and give a speech, with tears in her eyes* Friends, Muppets, whatevers ... it is with glad tidings I bring you the news I've been approved for the Hospital Educator position. All that's left really is to make it official. I'm so happy I can barely breathe. It is the love of everyone, the knowledge that just one person, nay, more than one person believed in me, and I can't possibly be any happier. *songs and dances and stuff continue*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting that promotion Kelly. We all knew you could/would get it. *Declares today a Hensonville holiday.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Ed takes the in-house elevator up to the fourth floor, depositing some birthday gifts for :frown:, including a batch of oatmeal cookies made by :insatiable:, six brand new Figgy Fizz bottlecaps from :batty: and a gift card from Coming Unbound purchased by Uncle D.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Betty Lou. Don't think Bert's in now. You might want to call Ellie to let her know about the presents here.
*Goes back downstairs, hoping to hear from Aunt Ru on another fic-related matter.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Bert: *sees present outside door as he's about to enter the apartment again* F-rom Betty Lou? *blushes* I...I'll have to thank her later!

*inside the apartment*

Susie: Places everyone! *holding conductor's wand*

Ellie: Wait! *places final cookie atop Bert's cake which is really a bunch of cookies stuck together with frosting* Okay, now we're good.

Ernie: *readies sax to start playing*

Bert: *walks into the apartment and notices the lights are all off* What's...?

*lights turn back on and Ernie starts playing Happy Birthday on sax and Ellie plays a drum along while Susie is conducting; the birthday tune soon ends*

Ernie, Ellie, Susie: Happy Birthday, Bert!

Bert: *smiles, happy that his roomies didn't forget his birthday after all* T-thank you *overwhelmed by the gesture* you shouldn't have.

Ernie: Aw, but Bert, we wanted to!

Ellie: You bet! And we all worked really hard on your gift.

Susie: We made such a mess before...*sighs, remembering* But, we like to think it paid off.

Bert: What is it? *curious*

Ernie: *brings in a large wrapped frame* Happy Birthday, ol' buddy, ol' pla!

Bert: *opens the frame to find a a portrait of himself and Bernice made of oats that have been painted so, it's a large color portrait technically speaking* Wow! Thank you, Ernie, Susie, Ellie...It's lovely.

Ernie: C'mon, let's go hang it up! *starts leading the way to their room*

Ellie: Susie and I will start serving cake!

Susie: *quickly runs to get paper towels, paper plates and wet wipes, no messes are going to happen on her watch*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hears music coming from upstairs. Hope Bert liked his presents.

Now then, next on our agenda... *Checks list of new peoples moving into town to make sure no spambots get past the security patrol.