Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... We're stocked on the shortbreads for now.
UD: Out of chocolate though.
Yeah... That and cereal and dried fruits, will have to do some groceries on Monday afternoon. Might put in an order next week if not busy with preparations for Mardi Gras, depends on what the others may want to do or not.

*Two googly eyes belonging to blue and pink shag piles respectively:
Mar-dee? Graw?
*They shimmer off to find a new book that'll tell them what that strange event could be.

:batty: Vas Daryl the giantess? Okay, and Andy's the Jedi youngling, check.
*Continues confering with Mrs. Ghoulster on the phone about the potential reunion.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (sitting near the Docks, texting a certain former roomy, while Wrench watches Food Network Challenge vids on his cell phone): Soooooo ... Cotterpin was fired?

Wrench (shrugs): My mother said it was more like she was offered an opportunity to do structural research. *long pause* Preferably, she'd be doing research VERY FAR AWAY from Doozer Dome.

Kelly (continues texting, including a few giggles at some of the things being said): Ouch. She seriously tried to make Doozer Dome look like a creepy Silent Hill locale?

Wrench (nods): The whole deal: the wire grates, the stained walls, the statue of a giant Doozer in a toga with a doorstop for a helmet and a great big knife.... In essence, the residents of Doozer Dome thought it a bit much.

Kelly (nods): So, this whole "let's be superheroes" thing is --.

Wrench (nods): -- a sad attempt to regain what little dignity she might have left. If she rescues someone or defeats a villain or does something else, uh, "superhero-y", then she feels she can come back home.

Kelly: -_- But you go along with it.

Wrench (shrugs): She is my Architect. I will gladly hoist my Doozer sticks for her.

Kelly (laughs): Do you two EVER stop doing architecture-related innuendoes?

Wrench (looks up, confused): What's an innuendo?

Kelly (facepalms)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Goes upstairs to Apt 6 with another tray of the half-shortbread half-chocolate heart cookies. These have been iced with Kim's name for one, :sigh:, Gillis, Beastie, Tosh, and Lily.

There, that's the last of them, delivered a batch to each main group of residents here at the townhouse.

*UD leaves a map of the sewers at Angie's place if Pin plans on saving April tomorrow.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Ellie: Dun-dun...dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun! -tapping at her iPad-

Bert: What's she doing now?

Susie: Playing that Star Wars app...Ellie, the rest of us were planing on getting some sleep!

Ernie: Not me guys! I wanna play with Ellie!

Ellie: *hands iPad to Ernie* Your turn Ernie...I can't remember the code to get Mace Windu's lightsaber!

Bert: *looks over Ernie's shoulder* It says it will be available in two days.

Ellie: You really think I'm gonna wait 2 days?

Bert: *sighs* Could you at least turn the sound off?

Ernie: The sound is off Bert.

Bert: Then...*turns to see Ellie humming the music* Ellie, will you please stop humming?

Ellie: Okay, okay, hm...you know, you kinda remind me of Yoda...

Ernie: That's just 'cause he acts like an old man sometimes! *laughs*

Ellie: *laughs as well* Oh that's priceless!

Bert: *shakes his head in disbelief*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*On the TV...

:news: This is a Muppet News Flash!
*Seated behind his desk, the newscast begins.
All schools are closed in honor of Presidents' Day, celebrating two of the most distinguished leaders our country has had... Abraham Lincoln.
*Footage of Abraham Lincoln, the robot version Bunsen and Beaker created, tearing through terrorizing the theater.

Er, and George Washington, who when asked, said he could not tell a lie as it was he who chopped down his father's cherry tree.
:news: Cherry tree? Oh no!!!
*The chopped tree falls on top of the Newsman as the update ends.

Later, like around now...
*Knock on Apt 1's door.
Yes?
:news:, pelted with cherries, I'm here.
Oh, you made it back just in time, come on in, Uncle D's pulling the waffles off of the iron as we spook. And you brought the cherries we asked for.
:batty: I will count them off as we pick them. *Sets to the task, handing off the reddened fruits to his draconic roommate to simmer with a little juice to top off our breakfast dishes.
:news: Are sure it's okay for Rhonda and I to stay here today?
Yes, Kris asked us to look after you two until she got back. BTW: Where's your producer at?
:news: She said something about getting an early start on raiding the clothing stores for President's Day's sales.
Well, we'll leave a plate for her in the microwave for when she decides to get back.
*The guys sit down to enjoy their meal, Newsie a bit discomforted but nervously sits down hoping he won't be scared (too badly that is).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mardi Gras, already? Mm, I wonder what costumes and floats will be streaming down the streets later in the afternoon.
:batty: Well, I hope to see some of the old haunters make it out for the carnival of creeps tonight.
UD: And I could certainly go for a good bowl of hot spicy gumbo loaded with peppers and endui sausages.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Ernie: *puts a CD in the stereo, the CD contains Rockin' Richard's Telephone Rock*

Ellie: *trying to do homework* Ernie, I usually want you turning that up as high as it can go but not right now, please?

Ernie: Aw, c'mon Ellie, it's great music! Even Bert likes it!

Bert: That's right....wait a second...

Ernie: *laughs and starts to dance with a coat rack*

Susie: *pops into the room* What is that music? It's wonderful, it's everything....it-it...

Bert: What is it Susie?

Susie: It's better than Mr. Fiama's music!

Ellie: Wow...does this mean the start of the Apocalypse or what?

Susie: Ernie, could I borrow that CD sometime :smile:?

Ernie: Sure Susie!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is the start of the apocalypse.
:batty: 39 days left! Ah-ha!

That's a great line about :hungry: as this week's WMW trading card feature, "make 'em laugh... and cook 'em if they don't."
Though I was betting it would have been Abby this week since they featured Spammy last time to tie into their three-part interview with Leslie Karara-Rudolph.
*Hands over a state quarter to his batty roommate.
Hope Ryan comes through with that MUP3 I requested, it'll get me one state closer to completing the 50 Muppet States.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
*leaves an order slip under the door to Apt 4 for two boxes each of Pumpkin Patch and Devil's Food Fudge*
That oughta go well with the tea I just received last week! Mm, pumpkin spice Stash tea and pumpkin ginger cookies...nomnomnom.

Rhonda: You forgot some of the order!

I did? I thought you wanted the Devils' food?

Rhonda: Yeah. So you should add a couple boxes on there for yourself. Those are mine.

*sigh...slips order addendum under door*

So Newsie, did you have fun playing with the spooks?

:news: Ack! Er, sorry, what?

Rhonda: He's still a little jumpy. He drank like eleventy-five cups of coffee to stay awake after Deadly played that stupid nursery rhyme the first night.

Nursery rhyme? Oh, I get it. "One, two, Deadly's coming for you..."

:news: STOP IT! STOP IT! AAAAAA!!! *runs through wall to elevator shaft* AAAAAAaaaaaa *thump*

Ouch. Meet you down there...

Rhonda: Where are you going?

Back to the apartment to fetch the cold compress from the freezer, and his plaid binkie. Sounds like he's going to need it.
------------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, sounds like Kris's back.

*Batty, wearing the bellhop cap on his head and bowtie around his neck loads up some of Rhonda's luggage.
*Junie, in the same getup, the bowtie around her ear—in spite of the fact she'd look more Rawr! smexyish with it around her neck too—but then you wouldn't be able to tell their sexes apart—gingerly takes some of the bags as well, knowingly careful not to drop anything.

:batty: sends off his pets out the open window.