Herbert Birdsfoot...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
I was on a few ss websites and i usually see the name HERBERT BIRDSFOOT, herbert birdsfoot here, herbert birdsfoot there, WHO IS HERBERT BIRDSFOOT??????????? what does he look like, i might have seen (explain in PURE details)

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
He was an anything muppet that looked like ned flanders from the simpsons. he replaced kermit for some time as the person who did lectures. he is a very jolly character and hes never usually mad unless hes acting out a feeling in a song. he was thought to be kind of boring and he didnt really go anywhere so he was dropped and kermit came back for lectuires. so basically hes what a puppet of ned flanders would be like

Splurge

Reaction score
If it helps any, on the Muppet Central homepage, sometimes you can see a pic of what he looks like as appears before one of the options, "forum", "news", etc.

I'm guessing if you press the Refresh button enough times you'll see his pic. Look for a lavender AM with a brown suit and Dexter looking spectacles. (Dexter's Laboratory)

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
And Jerry's voice for Herbert actually sounded sort of like Ned Flanders' voice (all of you said he looks like Ned Flanders...well, he sounds like him too).

Splurge

Reaction score
I think Jerry once based his voice loosely on Jiminy Cricket. So, I guess a Ned Flanders voice with a hint of Jiminy Cricket squeak is a good description.

roadrat15

Reaction score
I wonder if Matt Groening had Herbert in mind when he created Ned?

mikealan

Reaction score
We definately want Herbert Birdsfoot on our Sesame Street Encyclopedia site online! But we never have any pics of him, we've got to update more of the SS muppets on our site!