Herbie The Love Bug gets a DVD!!

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Herbie lives - http://movies.yahoo.com/dvd/news/

Attention fans of classic Disney...there is a respite from all the direct-to-video hype! Mickey is finally digging into his vaults and pulling out some genuine classics.
On May 20th, Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release seven great ones, including a couple of first-ever DVD debuts.
Titles that are a part of the lineup include The Love Bug and The Rescuers (both new to DVD),
Gold Collection reissues of The Aristocats, The Rescuers Down Under, Hercules and Pete's Dragon, and The Rookie.

HERBIE!!!
:excited: :excited:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
COOL! great news!:smile: thanks for posting! my brother and I have always LOVED :flirt: herbie! we always rented a least one herbie movie every time we went to the video store when we were young. i hope this means they will release the rest of the movies hebie rides again was one of my fav's along with the first one.

although that new one they made a few years ago...was garbage....:boo::sleep:

Zack)Rowlf the d:sympathy:g.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

although that new one they made a few years ago...was garbage....:boo::sleep:
i take it you're referring to the remake of the original Love Bug that starred Evil Dead's Bruce Campbell.
YEAH..that was rather bad.

but yeah i hope they release the others as well.
Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo was my favorite of the sequels..simply for Don Knotts.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah i think i feel asleep watching that new one when i was excited to hear about it then dissipointed.

Yes don knotts is great and herbie gets a girl friend:wink:

I like Herbie rides aging for the trolly cart and judtbox, i love the part when the runaway trollys rolling down the street, My brother an i used to scream with joy and turn the music up real high making as much noise as posaible, i remember doing that at my grandparents house when i was young and my grandma came runing into the room because she though a semi just crashed into her livingroom:big_grin: I also did that with the Tiny Toons Summer vacation speacil when sherily the loon and fowl mouth go to the movie theater and sound test goes off....BOOM!:concern: :eek: :confused:

Zack)Rowlf the, the audiance is now deaf.....Dog

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Herbie is the greatest! He started my love affair with Volkswagen Beetles. My cousin and I spent a whole summer one time keeping a running tally of how many bugs we saw. We even made a Herbie Halloween costume (that my mom wouldn't let me wear :frown: - i guess it was a little impractical). Herbie will always be one of my favorite classic Disney characters. Who knew a car could be so lovable?
Erin