hey guys im making a full body costume

furryfriends

Reaction score
hey everone for holloween this year i wanted to make a puppet like sweetums i know because of copyright issues i cant make a sweetums but anyway i just wanted to know what kind of things should be used for the more technical stuff thanks

rtgentry

Reaction score
You can make Sweetums, just dont sell him.

furryfriends

Reaction score
thanks buck thats very helpful but for me its not really useful see i need a hard sell for underneath the fur i am gonna use pvc pipping and then cover it in foam and then material tell me if this is a bad idea

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Not sure what you're doing exactly but doing a hard shell using PVC pipe sounds like an odd choice. Really, the padded fursuit approach is probable the way to go for the body at least.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Think minimalistic

I agree with Buck. You'll want the suit and head as light as possible. I'd try thinking very minimalistic. I would suggest building the head from 3/4" to 1" sheet foam and supporting it internally only in the necessary places, for example, around the eyes if they are to move like the original Sweetums.

Sounds like a big project. I'd like to see the finished product.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We've been thinking about doing a Sweetums-styled thing here for a while. Right now, at the haunt, I take this HUGE beast-mask (I call him Bogeyman) and put that on because it has a gaping mouth. I wear overalls (Stuffed with a pillow to make it fat) and long sleeve shirt (ripped up) with fake right hand, glove over my left hand, and move the mouth with my right hand by sticking it through the top part of the shirt. Folks love it! I think there might be pics at www.hauntedweb.com from 2002's haunt.