Hey, I'm not "All BY Myself...Well Why Not?"

Nell's Dad

Reaction score
Hi Forum

Knowing nothing of this forum about two hours ago, I started a Google search for “All By Myself...Well Why Not” and “old Sesame Street before Elmo”. My goal is to locate some of these fine memories that are buried somewhere in the back of my head. They are perfectly acceptable for my daughter, as they were for me 25 years ago, I’d like to relive them and show/sing them to her.

Anyway

I see that there was this site called Noggin that was great at one time which is gone or different now, and I see there are dozens (hundreds I think) of people looking for a piece of their past…which is great, I’m glad I’m not alone…Funny how it all comes back to me when I follow these threads.

These may have been mentioned but I couldn’t find them right away so I’m mentioning them again:

- Ernie and Bert’s TV that kept saying “H” until Ernie pulled a hamburger out of it, then it said “I” over and over,
- “W” for Willemina,
- Ladybug’s Picnic,
- The one where Ernie kept putting away all the big toys, red toys and toys with wheels, which ended up being the fire engine every time,
- There was a Cookie Monster ABC piece I recall that was kind of creepy, with candles and cobwebs and Cookie sitting in this big uphostered lounge chiar smoking a pipe
- I remember some kind of hoe-down music playing, with a chalkboard that kept drawing on itself and erasing itself,
- “F” for fairy, feather and fade-away
- We all live in a Capital “I”…

Sorry. Nicole thinks I’m crazy. She didn’t watch every day like I did.

So, do I sign up at this Kazaa place and see what there is there?

What about Pino, Clean Gultch, Boober Gorg, MuppetDude? Some of the threads I was reading from these people are a few moths old now. Are any of you people (or anyone else) working on an archive where everything that is generally available is, well, available? What was it Geiffel and Gonk taught us…cooperation!

I see some type of trade process going on here. I suppose I’d actually have to have something to trade, which counts me out of that.

At the very least, I must find this “All by Myself” clip with the little boy in the playground. I refuse to believe it’s not out there somewhere.

If anyone feels like helping, that would be great. Thanks!

Greg, Nicole and Nell

camillachick

Reaction score
Nell's Dad said:
- Ernie and Bert’s TV that kept saying “H” until Ernie pulled a hamburger out of it, then it said “I” over and over,
- “W” for Willemina,
- Ladybug’s Picnic,
- The one where Ernie kept putting away all the big toys, red toys and toys with wheels, which ended up being the fire engine every time
- I remember some kind of hoe-down music playing, with a chalkboard that kept drawing on itself and erasing itself,
- “F” for fairy, feather and fade-away
- We all live in a Capital “I”…
Hi there! Welcome to the forum.
I've been here a month or two myself and really like it. The skits I remember which you mentioned I recorded above. Some have been mentioned here in other threads but I forget exactly where. That H in the TV skit frightened me. I can't place your "All by myself" skit though. Maybe you could describe it more.
I know that Noggin is a TV channel which I don't get. They used to show old Sesame shows from the 70's because those were the only episodes they had on hand. They stopped as soon as they could obtain newer ones. Apparently they weren't catering to Nostalgics like us.
All I know about Kazaa is that is sometimes crashes computers.

You sound like you were watching the same time I was. If you ever want to chat or ask me questions you can email me. I love remembering Sesame Street stuff.
charliespal@yahoo.com

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
camillachick said:
I can't place your "All by myself" skit though. Maybe you could describe it more.
I think the skit he's talking about is a live action short film set to the song "All By Myself" (not the Eric Carmen song). It had a kid in a snow hat on a merry go round all by himself just spinning.

I remember this very well because my mom used to tell me that kid looked like me.

Rich