Hey you BRITISH people!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeek! I think I am at the mercy of the Brits! :eek:

Okay, so, like, when I went and found that stuff at that HUUUUUUUUGE indoor flea market a few weeks ago, I asked why in the world I had NEVER seen a plush of my favorite Care Bear Cousin, Loyal Heart Dog. And this one woman/dealer I spoke to seems to think that maybe he was only released in BRITAIN, and that's probably why he's so rare.

There are 10 Care Bear Cousins, 4 of which are way "over-common", 2 sorta common, and 4 EXTREMELY RARE. The 4 are:

Loyal Heart Dog (my bestest buddy, whom I want so bad!)
Proud Heart Cat
Playful Heart Monkey
Treat Heart Pig

I've seen pictures of all of 'em online except the pig---I have NEVER seen proof of a plush of him, but you'd think that they'd make all 10 and not just 9.

ANYway, Loyal Heart Dog seems to be available in Britain in some secret British Care Bear Black Market, and if any o' you British people EVER see one, or know how to get one, or where, or somebody who has one and doesn't want it, pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know!! :frown: I have been searchin' for these 4, especially Loyal Heart Dog, for, literally, years.

And if I have to get it from Britain, I would gladly try to work out somethin' if somebody gets their English Muppety hands on one! :big_grin:

(I'm also quite interested in the other 3 [or the rarest one who came later, Noble Heart Horse], so feel free to let me know if you see Cat, Monkey, or Pig, too).

If ya need descriptions or anything---I shall provide. I'm just askin' y'all to keep me in mind if you happen to see anything! :smile:

THANK YOU O BRITISH MUPPET FANS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!

grail

Reaction score
that reminds me...i saw "The Care Bears Movie" on DVD at Wal-Mart the other day for like $15. i didn't even know it had been released on DVD. i meant to tell everyone here, but i forgot. i was never a big Care Bears fan, so i didn't get it, though i may get it for my sister's birthday next week...

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I have a 'Proud Heart Cat' toy!! I don't know what you mean by plush though :confused: If you want it just let me know and I'll brave the monsters in our attic and find it for you :smile:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
He means "stuffed animal". Does that help?

BTW, they are re-releasing Care Bears for the general public. I saw a whole load of them at TRU and also BRU (Babies Are Us for those of you who are child-less). I never liked them when they were out the first time (*gasp*), but I did feel a little something this time, and I actually bought Emileigh a Cheer Bear. That nostalgia marketing thing they are doing is really genius!

Luke

Reaction score

scarecroe

Reaction score
This is so weird! Just yesterday I bought The Care Bears Movie on DVD which did indeed come out only a few weeks ago, and while in TRU looking for stuff for my daughter's birthday, I saw a bunch of plush Care Bears packaged with VHS tapes! They had Tenderheart, Funshine, Bedtime, and maybe Love-A-Lot or Share Bear. Last night I fell asleep watching the DVD, but man, what I saw really took me back. I'll watch the rest of it tonight, but I really hope they end up releasing the 2nd movie on DVD too... the one with the kids at camp and the girl who was a crackshot marble shooter (or whatever you call those expert marble people). Watching this made me want to see Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer again too. Or how about any of the Benji movies (only one of them I ever grew up seeing)? Or The Magic of Lassie with Jimmy Stewart as the Grandpa? Okay, I'm done now.

Gonzo

Reaction score
*Thinking about giving Byron the Care Bear Stare, but opting instead for the Eye Roll*

WHY, Byron, WHY?

Quinnnnnnnn

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
This is so weird! Just yesterday I bought The Care Bears Movie on DVD which did indeed come out only a few weeks ago, and while in TRU looking for stuff for my daughter's birthday, I saw a bunch of plush Care Bears packaged with VHS tapes! They had Tenderheart, Funshine, Bedtime, and maybe Love-A-Lot or Share Bear.
The other one they have is Cheer Bear (the pink one with a rainbow on her chest). BRU also carries smaller plushes which are much cheaper, but don't come with a tape. Frankly, I was unimpressed with the tape. The first story was nice, but the second one featured some mean characters wishing harm upon the Care Bears, which is just more than Emileigh wants to see, thank you very much.

Everywhere we go with Cheer Bear, people say, "Is that a *Care* Bear?!" Seems the fans of Care Bears are many and enthusiastic. I don't really get it.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
I have a 'Proud Heart Cat' toy!! I don't know what you mean by plush though :confused: If you want it just let me know and I'll brave the monsters in our attic and find it for you :smile:
Yeah Amy, Jessica is right, by "plush", I mean "stuffed animal". (Sorry, the terminology comes from workin' at The Disney Store, lol).

Wow, if you actually have a stuffed Proud Heart Cat you wouldn't mind partin' with, I would LOOOOOOOOVE to take it off your New Zealand hands!! :big_grin:

Really!

I would!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Luke

Hey Luke, thanks for lookin' out for me...yeah, I know 3 of the 4 (never the pig) pop on ebay quite a bit, but they ALWAYS go for at least $300. :frown: At least LHD does, anyway.

And I don't even have $100 to spare right now even if you could find one for around that price somewhere. Maybe we'll be blessed and you'll see one in a flea market or store or somethin' for a good price. If you do, feel FREE to let me know!! :big_grin:

Just email me or post if you come across anything...