Hi Muppet Fans

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Hi,

Well I have never made an introduction before so here goes..

My first memories of the Muppets were even before I saw Starwars.
I vaguely remember seeing the Muppets on Saturday nights I think? My mother bless her soul always made sure to have them on for me. I can remember back to season 2, it was the episode when the pigs took over the show.. I was simply mesmerised by them and wanted to live there more then I wanted to live on Sesame street, With the Muppet show you got a full half hour of nothing but the Muppets, not bits and pieces like SS.

When the Art of Muppets "Thanks Phillip for pointing that out" came to Denver my mother took me to see it... I was in Muppet Heaven, there they were in real life before my very eyes. Seeing the variety of costumes for Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang.. and actually seeing real live Muppets just inches from my hands.

I then saw them on a family road trip at a mom and pop resturant, well the Electric Mayhem. They were in the back roped off but put in poses and looking larger then life.. I'm still trying to find others that saw this but have had no luck so far. I think it was near some areas that they did filming for the Muppet Movie and may have been a big help to the cast and crew of Jim Hensons company.

Over the years I have searched in vain for The Muppet Show on tape, at the time there was little avaible, then good ol Time Warner came out with the best of series, I proudly own all 15 DVD's, yet I still hunger for 70 or shows still out there, I can't wait for volumes 16-?

When Jim passed away I was with friends camping and didn't know of it till a week later, I was still and am choked up about it.
Let me tell you if I had a time machine I would pick him up and put him to bed and I wouldn't let him get up till he was better.
Imagine Fozzy's mom with the rolling pin in one hand and arms crossed tapping the foot.

Recently I stumbled across this site and have fallen in love with it... so many fans like myself, brought together to share their one true love of what Henson has done and his family continues to do.

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it

Jason :smile:

puppets_etc

Reaction score
:excited: Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have. Most of us here are fairly tame, but be sure not to feed the wild animals! :wink:

Deb :flirt:

:embarrassed:Almost forgot, be sure to keep a good supply of muffins on hand. :embarrassed:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah Jason, welcome aboard! And even better, you have a name from Greek mythology! :big_grin:

:smile:

Jrogers75

Reaction score
Well I haven't found any wild animals as of yet..... only one truely wild animal and I think he is sleeping in some fileing cabinet some place. Its so fun Here !!! I love having all these Muppet releated discussions... If it werent for work and school, I bet I could spend all day just trying to keep up with all the posts and new threads... :smile:

Oh and my mommy named me after Jason and the argonaughts, so very cool that you are so observant Janice and Mokey

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Jrogers75 said:
Oh and my mommy named me after Jason and the argonaughts, so very cool that you are so observant Janice and Mokey
Hey, ya can call me Byron. :smile:

And wow, that is so cool---you should feel honored! If ya like Greek mythology at all, anyway, lol. :stick_out_tongue: I'd love to have a name connected to the Greek myths (I've always loved studyin' 'em).

:zany:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm just gonna call Byron "Janice" from now on... no, not that one. The one from Friends.

Welcome to Muppet Central!